Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:45 PM

Default The Self Righteous Arrogant and MY POKER PROGRESSION

Why can't there be a little more respect for someone who posts here that is otherwise unknown?

Flawless Victory apparently is so good at reading people, he read my post and wants to wager that I wont be a winning player after 100K hands.

He also bashed the OP of My Poker Progression.

Many others are such poker vets' that their superiority requires them to post responses regarding the original post as a "joke".

If you dont like a post, why reply?

Save your time, i mean, afterall, in the time it takes for you to reply to some moronic fish post, you could be killing the competition in a 4,000-8,000 game, RIGHT?!??!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: The Self Righteous Arrogant and MY POKER PROGRESSION

[ QUOTE ]

Save your time, i mean, afterall, in the time it takes for you to reply to some moronic fish post, you could be killing the competition in a 4,000-8,000 game, RIGHT?!??!

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of those players would never be caught dead in a game that small.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:54 PM

I agree. They've got Andy Beal on speed dial, why waste time?
Old 09-14-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To reduce the amount of crap that gets posted.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:58 PM

because some of the things said in these posts implied (very strongly) a misunderstanding of some very important concepts, some basic some more advanced, that needed to be dealt with.

It very often seems the only way for people to voice a critism without simply being brushed aside is to be very brusque about it.

For the record i agree and disagree with a lot of what the "vets" have said, but in both yours and alex sems post there were serious logical flaws, which may or may not prevent you from beating a game, but certainly will keep you for beating it for as much as you could.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:18 PM

What logic was i missing or wrong about?

seriously. i want to know for educational purposes.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:35 PM

I'm not defending people who are rude. I think that's always wrong and out of place here. But...

<font color="red"> Many others are such poker vets' that their superiority requires them to post responses regarding the original post as a "joke". </font>

I actually think it's the opposite. Seasoned players know how difficult this game can be. They know how much work they themselves have had to put into it. Now someone comes along and claims (I'm paraphrasing), "Hey! Anyone notice how easy the 30 games are? I mean they actually respect money! I've got a whole 10k hands in and I'm winning!"

What happens is that to an experienced player who has tens upon tens of thousands of hands in that game, YOU are the one with the superiority problem.

So you've managed to get thru 10k hands without getting your clock cleaned. Big deal. You WILL sooner or later, and I'll guarantee that.

Can you see how your comments regarding the fact that you've yet to lose more than 3k in a session might miff those of us who play that game day in and day out while we sometimes swing a dime every 20 mintues? So what's your point? Are you insinuating that you are somehow better than the rest of us?

I agree with you that comments should never be rude. But you should also think a little more before you post. After only 10k hands it is very unlikely you are revealing anything that someone who plays that game every day doesn't already know. Did you really expect to get responses like, "Really? You mean I'm playing in an EASIER game than the 15-30? Wow, thanks! I didn't know that!" Hence why some feel it is YOU with the superiority problem.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:37 PM

winrate, expectation and variance are mathematical terms that don't neccisarily have anyhting to do with poker.

They are not soft concepts, where something is rigth sometimes andwrong sometimes, these are hard science and there is One right answer.

from reading your posts in other threads it seems clear to me that A) you don't really understand the math behind these terms, and B)don't understand how your opponents play effects these terms for both themselves and in reference to you.

edit: i mean this as constructively as possible, but the concept that is clearly illogical and consistent through your posts is the idea that your opponents good play can have anything but a negative effect on you in a zero sum game.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:45 PM

Well said, Lestat.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince Lepore said stuff like this a lot.