Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Poker Prophecy

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about paying up for Poker Prophecy. I am playing SNG's exclusively right now and it seems useful, but maybe there is better out there.

thanks,
-pre
Old 06-03-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Poker Prophecy

It's useful -- but incomplete. Do a search, and you'll see many complaints from full-time SNG players who say the stats are far from the percentages Poker Prophecy promises.

However, it's better than no data at all. Do a sample search on their site of yourself. Compare it against your actual # of tournaments played, and you'll get a good idea of what you're getting for your money.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, it's better than no data at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't better than no data at all if there is some sort of systematic bias involved.

Also, they are certainly not advertising it as a data sampling service. The thousands of spam messages I have received have all promnised complete records.

The lackey who posts here will happily make a new excuse for you every time you point out that the records aren't complete. Just to save you some time, any time you might question why their stats are way off, the answer will be that they are aware of that problem and have fixed it (or are fixing it now). Your records should be complete from now on.

After your investment in Poker Prophecy, you should next consider naming a star after someone or purchasing moon real estate.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:03 AM

i put in my own name and the stats it came up with are were totally off. That was enough for me.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The lackey who posts here will happily make a new excuse for you every time you point out that the records aren't complete. Just to save you some time, any time you might question why their stats are way off, the answer will be that they are aware of that problem and have fixed it (or are fixing it now). Your records should be complete from now on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually data has been great recently if you go to www.pokerprophecy.com, data history you can see we have almost reached our goal of 20,000 games recorded(usual day on Party Poker is between 22,000 and 24,000).

Love us or hate us I guess, but the data has improved and continues to get better.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, it's better than no data at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't better than no data at all if there is some sort of systematic bias involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed they just couldn't keep up with the amount of tables. Has someone mentioned there may be a bias -- based on something like buy-in levels, tournament duration, etc.? If so, I do agree with you -- it's not better than no data at all.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:20 PM

K Duke I see you selling ur product on these forums, but you haven't answered my question. Perhaps this is the proper subject to address it in:

forgive the naive Q but: How does prophecy gather these statistics legally/without querying a locked DB? If db is public, can I run my own queries?

Gotta admit i was a little surpised/taken aback/impressed when a dude at my table was telling me my stats... accurately

sincerely 2x,
Lemur
Old 06-07-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually data has been great recently if you go to www.pokerprophecy.com, data history you can see we have almost reached our goal of 20,000 games recorded(usual day on Party Poker is between 22,000 and 24,000).

Love us or hate us I guess, but the data has improved and continues to get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi there. I think the idea for poker prophecy is great. My experience though is that it sorely got my stats wrong. I'm not particularly interested in paying 40 bucks to beta test a program. The problem is that I've used up all my "free searches". Can I have my searches reset? Only when I see my own stats recorded accurately will I then seriously think about purchasing the program.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:51 AM

I will add my two cents here, as I did purchase the program. The stats the I saw for my game were way off. Over the course of a week, I was averaging right around 8 SnG's a day. 4 of them showed up in the database! So about 10% of the data for myself was captured.

Had a very poor (rude condisending) experience with their product support when mentioning the inaccuracy as well.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:20 PM

I just started playing on Party a few days ago, and have won 4 sit n go games and lost 3.

It says I am 0-3. That's more missed than gotten, and I just started playing less than a week ago, so their database should have been as good as it is now.