Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 11:06 PM

Default KK in BB

400 NL PP 6 handed blinds $2/4

UTG ($989)
UGT+1 ($547)
CO ($243)
Button ($189)
SB ($386)
Hero ($542)

I am in the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG Limps
UTG+1 Limps
CO Limps
But Limps
SB Calls
HERO Raises to 20
UTG+1 calls
CO folds
But calls
SB Folds

Pot $62

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero Bets 60
UTG+1 Calls
But Raises all in 169
Hero Reraises to 400
CO moves all in

Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Result to follow
Old 07-21-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: KK in BB

Let's start with the preflop raise. With 5 limpers your $20 raise is too weak. I'd go $30 and perhaps even $35.

[ QUOTE ]
Hero Bets 60
UTG+1 Calls
But Raises all in 169
Hero Reraises to 400
CO moves all in

[/ QUOTE ]

CO? He folded preflop. You must mean UTG+1. I think you played it fine on the flop, but I wouldn't be surprised to see UTG+1 with a set the way it played out.

Garland
Old 07-21-2005, 11:43 PM

I agree that I didn't raise enought preflop and have made that mistake before.

The villian who was UTG+1 had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The button had Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I didn't expect to see aces from the UTG+1 limper. He had reraised me previously with AK from the button. I had AKs at that time and we split the pot.

I reraised thinking I would isolate the small stack on the button. I put UTG+1 on A10-J10. I figured there was a remote change that he hit a set. I was so surprised to see AA.

I know he made a huge mistake playing his aces so passively, but he made a good play post flop by calling.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:51 AM

I was the CO this hand and I liked the way you played it too. I was angry from an earlier hand from the UTG+1 guy calling me with crap to suckout. I had 78 that hand and that is my favorite hand not QJc like you said later on.
I sometimes CC decent raises out of the blinds with AA too knowing he has JJ-KK.

Overall I thought that AK vs AK hand was played badly by you. It was obvious what hand you held and therefore his either tries to blow you off a split or takes down the pot with AA. Which I hate because either he's basically got you drawing dead or splitting. Which is great from his eyes. Though I was surprised by his smallish turn bet made me think he had AA over AK trying to keep you around.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:16 AM

I didn't actually see your hand but I figured you were on a draw. I had to go by memory, for the hand history. I sort of tilted and left the game quickly. But I knew you were on the draw. The 10 on the turn scared me because I thought the villian had A10.

I had another hand when I first sat at the table where I limped UTG with A10 and got 4-5 callers. The flop was something like 10 blank blank rainbow. I bet the flop got called by the CO. I checked called the turn and river to small bets. The villian showed KKs. He never raised preflop or to my post flop bet.

It makes no sense to limp with these hands. The only situation where I would consider it a good move would be in a very loose aggressive game. I fell into his trap with the KKs.

The AK hand was interesting as well. I believe he min reraised the flop. Should I have pushed. I seem to win a lot of pots with aggessive players holding KQ-K10. He could have had a set or AA, but he didn't seem to be that strong of a player. Maybe I underestimated his play.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 07-22-2005, 04:18 AM

That A10 hand, you have wrong. You were MP as I recall I was BB and UTG bet pot of 19 you called MP1 called then CO minraised. He then underbet the turn and river and you were the only person who called the minraise.

His play was horrible that hand but got paid off well considering the 19$ pot preflop ballooned to like 160 after the flop and was headsup.

That AK hand I don't know what I would do differenlt villian took a weird line when it comes to betting amounts so he put you in a bad spot no matter how you played it. I am not a big fan of pushing TP/TK on an uncoordinated rainbow flop esp with the 100BB stacks on party.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:30 AM

I probably should have called the turn and planned on calling the river with the AK. I am learning that TPTK can get you in a lot of trouble. Your memory of the hand history is impressive.