Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: $55\'s... Poker > My Business History Paper... Ah, procrastination

[ QUOTE ]
What if you have no read?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then there is something more wrong with your game than playing ATo after a limper.

Lori
Old 11-11-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if you have no read?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then there is something more wrong with your game than playing ATo after a limper.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

See my post earlier in the thread.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's a chronic limper but will fold to a raise, I'll push.

If he's a chronic limper that doesn't like to be pushed around and will call with KJ,77 etc. I'll call.

If he rarely limps, I'll pass.

If he limps once or twice per orbit, I'll call (although I think calling here is inviting aggressive players from the blinds to push and pick up all of the dead money).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is an excellent response and I would play it in much the same way if I was single-tabling and had good reads.

If I was multi-tabling and had no reads, I would probably just fold in this spot. (I just started multi-tabling and I can barely keep up with the action and usually don't have reads until very late.)
Old 11-11-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So in short, I have no idea how much MP has limped.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a chronic limper but will fold to a raise, I'll push.

If he's a chronic limper that doesn't like to be pushed around and will call with KJ,77 etc. I'll call.

If he rarely limps, I'll pass.

If he limps once or twice per orbit, I'll call (although I think calling here is inviting aggressive players from the blinds to push and pick up all of the dead money).

[/ QUOTE ]

Bones; you pedantic littleshit, you give me a headache with all this on-topic nonsense [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 02:10 PM

You're not helping. The OP earlier said:

"A general rule with my posts is that I don't have any reads."

When multitabling (which is always) I think it's fair to say that I will always have a read on some of the big stacks at some of my tables but I will never have a read on all the big stacks at all of my tables. It's not ideal but that's the way it is and I'm sure that's the way it is for many other players who are nevertheless winning players.

To OP, I routinely fold here. I'm thinking that I'm in fine shape here with over 10 BB left and I'm sure I will get a better opportunity than to play AT against a big stack without a read. If I'm the big stack and you raise me you will be in trouble though to be fair I will almost never openlimp like the bigstack did. If I am though I may just be trying to be cute with AA and you're sick.

I can sure see the argument for raising however, maybe I should be adding plays like raising here to my game - I've been thinking that I hardly ever resteal so I suppose I can't be playing optimally. Then again I think I pick a spot for a resteal better like where my stack is a little more confortable in relation with the blinds, losing 1770 with AT here when the BB is only 150 would be ugly.

Calling seems the worst of your options.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How often has MP limped so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is important. I'm okay with limping, folding, or pushing here. Read dependent. I think I'd lean toward limping. Yes, I know. I like to play postflop. Sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll sue you. If you limp, you end up playing the hand with 4 people and with worse reverse-implied odds than implied odds. It's a lot of your stack, but I think I would rather min-raise to fold the blinds, let limper call and miss the flop and then take the pot from there. I'd rather push or fold than that though.

Which one? Dunno, too close to call outside of the game I think, but in a vacuum, I guess fold.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bones; you pedantic littleshit, you give me a headache with all this on-topic nonsense

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure the headache isn't from waking up at 4am to play sngs?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:02 PM

For what it's worth . . .

ATo is a borderline raise or fold for me in this situation and I would opt to fold. If it were ATs then I would definitely call. I would put him on Ax with a weak kicker but is it worth it to see the flop? If I had AK-AJ, it's an easy push for me. A9o is still borderline and I've worked hard to throw A8 - A2 away completely in this specific circumstance.

So you like to see the flop? Have you already made decisions about how to play post flop if you call? Suppose A 9 8 rainbow came on the flop. If he has A9 or A8, very possible for an early limp, then you are behind. If he has A7 - A2, he can bet again and put pressure on you. If there are two suited cards on the board, it makes it even more dangerous.

I'd fold and wait for a situation when I get be first in with a raise.