Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Where does the B&M tourney entry fee go?

[ QUOTE ]
My point is that in most B&M tournaments, I would think that dealer base pay is a huge portion of the operating cost of the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're likely pretty far off here. I don't have any intimate knowledge of where that cash goes, but I'd wager that the vast majority just goes to the house cut since they are only going be paying the dealer's minimum wage or less and letting them rely on tips to make up the remaineder. (The 3% they pull out of the prize pool is kind of like a hidden tip as far as I know.)
Old 03-31-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Where does the B&M tourney entry fee go?

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind a large portion of the 350k must go towards paying for the accomodations.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is flat wrong. The overwhelming majority of players won entries via PP satellites which, if you look at the numbers, compensated for the total cost of the prize package (cruise, cabin, $$ and buy-in). The $350K is pure income. What their overhead is for the tourney is anyones guess, but a $500M company surely expects to come out ahead on this venture (plus whatever WPT pays them to license the broadcast rights).