Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Blind Re-Steal Attempt

$25+2 Empire $5,000 Guaranteed. 240 entrants. 12 remain. 20-11 paid out $52. No real money until top 5 or so.

8 handed table. Hero is BB with 10,000 in chips. Avg. stack at my table is around 11,000 or so. Chip leader is button with 34,000 in chips. He is probably the WORST chip leader I have ever seen. He just recently started chatting and a few railbirds were asking him if he was going to wait until the final table to start stealing some blinds. He has seen me fold a few times to the SB who raises my blind EVERYTIME it gets folded to him. Tried a few stop and go's on him which got my stack up from 4,000 to 10,000 with no big hands to show.

Blinds are 500/1000. Folded to the Button who raises to $3,000. SB folds. Hero has Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Hero's play???

Easy fold? Stop and Go? Push PF?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Blind Re-Steal Attempt

It's all about the read, isn't it? I'm not sure anybody can give you better advice on this than your own counsel.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He just recently started chatting and a few railbirds were asking him if he was going to wait until the final table to start stealing some blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Danger Danger Danger.

Your only real option I think is to push back, maybe an SnG, but I don't like it b/c it gives villian a chance to catch and/or draw (I think he's likely to call a flop push with a lot of draws, or if he pairs anything). It doesn't sound like he's the type where you're gonna have a lot of FE either before the flop or after it, as in, when he gets into a hand, he's committed.

I'd fold here. I think he's probably raising with a good hand and you're very possibly dominated. You're probably hoping for at best to have two live cards, and most likely a 60/40 dog to a higher king/ace. I think with 10 bbs you can wait to be first in with a good holding.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:13 PM

My read on this guy was that he wanted "a piece of the action", since the table was playing tight and lots of blinds were being stolen.

Kepp in mind that everytime I came into a pot it was with a bet of ALL-IN and the table didnt like it very much.

Iam consitently cashing in 250-500ppl MTT's, however, I cant get past the point to start cashing big. My bubble play is getting better, but, I feel that hands and spots like these are where I am lacking.