Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: i\'m ultra paranoid..

I think this is pretty standard. If the pot was bigger, say 12 or 13 sbs I'd call down
Old 11-27-2005, 10:57 PM

Im not sure, but I'd call that down without a read [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Leak?
Old 11-27-2005, 11:26 PM

If SB is standard low-aggro, then yeah, but if he's a maniac, I'd be in call-down mode.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:45 PM

Super bad laydown, IMHO. Esp. with no reads. He could be C/Ring with anything from AK all the way down to 9T. A8, TT, 99, all will try this. Just payoff here. If he has a Q, make notes. He has protected your hand here. Only card that might scare me into a muck is the A.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:57 PM

[censored]. i keep overadjusting and alternating between everyone's-a-lag-and-out-to-get-me payoff tilt and i'm-stubborn-and-retarded-for-not-listening-to-their-raises laydown tilt.

in the end, i guess it comes down to a detailed situational analysis of the previous action, the cards and tbe board, the price you're getting, and your opponents estimated range. and the ability to not mind looking like an idiot at the table.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Many of you are thinking what we would do. If a unknown at 2/4 would be like yourself we would not play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, i recognize your avatar. you play this game a ton too right? you seem a little bit on the looser side, that working out well for you?
Old 11-28-2005, 12:19 AM

Adjusting to shorthanded play is a bitch. The swings suck. The best philosphy is to keep it simple. Reads are much more important than in full because your going to end up heads up a higher % of the time. Pick up party mine and get it going if you don't already. Your going to make bad calls, bad laydowns, and bluff the wrong players alot. Alot of bad players have a standard playbook of moves they try, and it takes awhile to learn. Keep your chin up and remember they aren't to get you as much as you think.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is super-standard. If I'm in villain's spot, I might well c/r with second pair, or a straight draw. This kind of play is pretty common at 5/10, perhaps less so at 2/4.

I need some kind of read before I give up that fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my initial reaction as well. If I'm villain, I do this with enough hands that you beat that I like calling down.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:35 AM

i dont know if you mean you have seen this avatar on ps(it is not me) or on the forum in the past, but i play 3/6 or 5/10 on party since 2 or 3 weeks ago.
FWIW i am ~24/18.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:32 AM

Without a read, I call and fold the turn UI. I call the flop because I often get to check the turn behind, and I'd rather encourage turn bets than flop check-raises against me. This allows me to c/r the turn more.