Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: 3/6 video

[ QUOTE ]
you guys, this is an awesome thing to do if the forum members are willing to review the sessions. it is very +EV for both sides. i am doing one later tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty pumped up about this as well.

-blake
Old 10-19-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How to record your own video

Download CamStudio. It's shareware with a 2 week trial. Options -> Video Options. Compressor should be on Microsoft Video 1 and "Auto Adjust" should be clicked under Framerates. We will eventually compress the video with XViD, but it's better to do it after recording is finished.

Region -> Fixed Region -> Mark a single table to record.

Use the record and pause buttons as needed. When you are finished, press the stop button and save to an AVI. It should be pretty huge, maybe 500 megs for 20 minutes or so.

Download VirtualDub, 32 bit edition. Run it and File -> Open video file -> choose your AVI.
Video -> Fast recompress mode.
Video -> Framerate -> Frame Rate Conversion -> Tick "Convert to fps" and enter "15" in the box. -> OK.
Video -> Compression -> XViD MPEG-4 Codec -> OK.
(If that option isn't there, install XViD.)
File -> Save as AVI -> Enter new file name -> OK.
It will take a few minutes to produce your final video.

[/ QUOTE ]

great post waffe, everybody who makes a video should quote these instructions somewhere in the post.

-blake
Old 10-19-2005, 08:52 PM

It was interesting watching your video. I look forward to making one. Im just going to comment on a couple of situations. I wont comment the hands you played well.

At one time you raised Aqu, from witch position i dont remember, and mega lag to your left reraises, i think you need to cap.

One time i think you had AJu in BB, a couple of loose limpers, i think you need to raise for value.

On the river with the 77 on the KK flop, heads up with the maniac to your left id bet-call the river, but obviously check calling worked out fine so i dont know.

At one time you had a str8 flush draw vs a preflop raiser, i think id cr this, the flop might have missed the raiser and even if it didnt you have over 50 percent chance of making the best hand by the river.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:22 PM

That is gonna be so awesome when someone posts a video of them banging a hottie and titles is "10/20 6 maxim".

Immediate 2+2 immortality. (and perhaps susbsequent banning but well worth it.) This is the kind of prank there is no way I could have resisted if I was back in college. Bow wow.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:37 PM

Default How do you play it?

I am getting an error message from windows media player that says:"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or a required codec might not be installed on your computer."

Help?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: How do you play it?

Yes, what is the codec you use? XVid should be read by Divx player and yet it's not [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: How do you play it?

VLC player can play almost anything
Old 10-19-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: now how do i get this [censored] on the net.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to yousendit.com and upload it. Leave the recipient's email, your email, and the message blank. When it's done, it'll give you a long URL. Copy that and paste it on the forum. It's not permanent, it'll only be online for about a week. But that's enough for forum discussion time, and it's easy, free, and gives the other readers fast downloads.

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting an error message from windows media player that says:"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or a required codec might not be installed on your computer."

[/ QUOTE ]

Try VLC Media Player. As an alternative, try installing the Defiler Codec Pack. Most codec packs are pretty bloated and shitty, but I've found this one to be very trim and effective.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:03 PM

I have no idea why I donked AT on the flop. I didn't feel bad about folding the river since this guy previously checked through the turn and river with ace high.

I should have played AJ and QJs out of the BB more aggressively.

What do you guys think about the 23 flops 2 pair on a monotone flop hand? Just call the flop raise, and plan to check raise a favorable turn? Fold a heart turn?

I want to hear more about the KK hand early in the video. I was really unsure of this one.

I also didn't like folding 68o on the river (near the end of the video). What if he was on a draw, missed, and just took it down? I'm trying to find more river folds (my fold to river bet is absurdly low), but I never like it when I do.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is gonna be so awesome when someone posts a video of them banging a hottie and titles is "10/20 6 maxim".

Immediate 2+2 immortality. (and perhaps susbsequent banning but well worth it.) This is the kind of prank there is no way I could have resisted if I was back in college. Bow wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]