Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Party\'s Interrogations Teams Suck

I finally received this email from Empire regarding two players who were blatantly colluding.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear xxx,

We thank you for bringing inconsistent game play between players to our notice. We have completed our investigations in regards to the players "xxxxxxx" and "xxxxxxx".

We agree that few game logs are indeed suspicious, so we have further investigated their activity on our card room from the day these two players created their account at our site and would like to share the following points with you.

1. These two players have matched the bet and raise only in certain hands, which also includes the hands wherein they have just put in the blinds.

2. We do agree that the raising pattern in the tourney table appears to be inconsistent .We therefore proceeded to check into their complete game play that is from the day these two players have created their account at our site and found that these two players are aggressive while playing.

Please do understand that our investigations are directed in a way to check and confirm for any collusion case taking into consideration the complete game history and the activity of the players on our card room right from time the players creates their account. A complete review of all their game history has been done and we have found that there have been no past instances where in we could accuse them for any foul play.

However, since few hands are suspicious, we have sent an email to the players mentioning the game logs asking them for clarification and as a first precautionary measure we are blocking these players to share the same table. They would not be able to play at the same table.

We would be monitoring their actions and game pattern regularly and if we find any suspicious activity we will take necessary actions.

We are glad to have players like you who care for PartyPoker.com integrity and would expect continued cooperation and support from you.

Thank you for being a PartyPoker.com player.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Karthik
Investigations Team
alerts(at)partypoker

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know what this means or how it helps at all:

[ QUOTE ]
1. These two players have matched the bet and raise only in certain hands, which also includes the hands wherein they have just put in the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Secondly, the game that I saw the collusion in was not a tourney as they say it was. It was a standard ring game. Then they go on to say that they have not seen any foul play and that the players were very aggressive. Example cheater1 is BB raises after 2 limpers cheater2 is SB 3 bets all fold back to cheater1 and he folds and cheater2 shows some garbage like T7o. How can their investigations not notice this collusion? Then, to top it all off, they both had the exact same location and both were admitting in the chatbox that they were working together. They called it "helping eachother out."

I recently found one of the guys railbirding in one of Party's 100/200 games telling all the players how they suck. Ugh.

How can an investigations team be so dumb?

/rant
Old 08-04-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Party\'s Interrogations Teams Suck

[ QUOTE ]
Party's Interrogations Teams Suck

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it is hilarious, you should probably edit this.

EDIT - Too late.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:42 AM

I had a mental picture of 2 big indian goes interrogating the suspects. Admit it, you colluded!!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 05:08 AM

I had a similar experience when I reported two colluders. The gist of Party's letter was that even though the two players usually play at the same table and hand histories revealed consistantly suspicious betting patterns between the two players, they weren't going to do anything about it. Instead, they said they would "watch" the players to see if they continued playing as they always had.

The stupid reply didn't particularly bother me because the two players in question were so bad that they gave away far more money with their terrible play than they won from playing as a team. If the colluders were winning players, however, I wouldn't have felt so casually about Party blowing it off.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I recently found one of the guys railbirding in one of Party's 100/200 games telling all the players how they suck. Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party has 100/200? Where?
Old 08-04-2005, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmm...on party?? (is this a trick question??)

under Texas Hold-em...100/200.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmm...on party?? (is this a trick question??)

under Texas Hold-em...100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah I was on Empire. I haven't been on Party in weeks so I didn't notice. How come Empire doesn't have the 50/100 and 100/200 tables? I thought the two clients are pretty identical.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party's Interrogations Teams Suck

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it is hilarious, you should probably edit this.

EDIT - Too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww [censored].

No sleep.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:18 AM

It looks to me like Party took appropriate action, where the players actions are suspicious but not conclusive based on their entire history...

[ QUOTE ]
However, since few hands are suspicious, we have sent an email to the players mentioning the game logs asking them for clarification and as a first precautionary measure we are blocking these players to share the same table. They would not be able to play at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-05-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

We would be monitoring their actions and game pattern regularly and if we find any suspicious activity we will take necessary actions.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is bad at all.

1) They see some suspicious activity, but no conclusive proof (It sounds to me like they alluding that these players didn't always conclude, but any suspicious activity may have recently), so they can't in all fairness, ban them. However, they won't let them sit at the same table anymore: problem solved. The possibility of collusion is gone.

2) They sent an e-mail "asking for clarification" -- which is as close to a warning as they can/should get.

3) They will be keeping an eye on these guys (and so will you, I imagine) in case eitehr of them does anything else, like collude under a gnome. People make innocent mistakes (sometimes using dumb/faulty logic) but Crooks tend to keep trying to get around the system by any means. The very act of cheating seems to satisfy them (I've seen more han one colluding pair who seemed to be net losers)

Though I imagine you'd have been more satisfied if they'd seized the accounts and gonads of both players, and sent them to you as a finder's fee, they did as much as I could have asked (and more than I expected from their rep)