Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Bad table or good table?

Playing Party 2/4 limit this past weekend. 10 handed, 3 of the players were absolutely atrocious, maniacal players - capping preflop w/Q7o was my favorite (said he felt we were all bluffing) when he flopped a full house. Sounds a little frustrating, but I'm thrilled to be waiting for my turn at the stacks. Unfortunately, 4 of the other players are as good as the previous ones are bad. I had stats on them and generally don't play at a table with that many really good players if I don't have to - plenty of other fish out there. I thought the payoff from the atrocious players overcame the good ones and I stuck it out.

Overall, I finished barely up on the table, but was somewhat frustrated and spent by having to deal with the mix of very good and very bad. After looking back on it, I wonder if I should even have messed with this table. Should I have just moved on, knowing that the mix of the table was weird or is this table that I KNOW is weird better than getting in with unknowns?