Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Crooked house game, quads on flop, your move?

[ QUOTE ]
If you are sure of the stacked deck just turn your cards face up "lol I flopped quads, let's check it down". If the guy with the quad 8's/straight flush has the balls to show his hand as the winner he deserves to win the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

A nice thought, but absolutely wrong. It would be too obvious you know they're cheating, at which point they might decide they have nothing to lose and decide to rob you outright.

Check, fold, muck cards face down. Cash out, leave, never go back . . . if they let you cash out, that is.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:50 AM

This smacks a little to much like Rounders for me.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are sure of the stacked deck just turn your cards face up "lol I flopped quads, let's check it down". If the guy with the quad 8's/straight flush has the balls to show his hand as the winner he deserves to win the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

A nice thought, but absolutely wrong. It would be too obvious you know they're cheating, at which point they might decide they have nothing to lose and decide to rob you outright.

Check, fold, muck cards face down. Cash out, leave, never go back . . . if they let you cash out, that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did u read the description of the players? They do not sound anything like the type that would pull a strong arm robbery.

If you act surprised and like you are willing to not take money off your 'friends' here because you are participating in a friendly home game this would not be suspicious. And even if they didn't buy it, given their description of spoiled rich kids they are not robbing anyone.

Please explain what leads you to believe they would pull a strong armed robbery.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please explain what leads you to believe they would pull a strong armed robbery.

[/ QUOTE ]
They're trying to pull a subtle robbery; this speaks ill of their motives. In all liklihood, you're correct. The OP was probably safe. Not worth taking a chance, though.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:22 AM

Ask them how much the BB Jackpot is...
Old 07-28-2005, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In all liklihood, you're correct. The OP was probably safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all likelihood, the story was made up. The OP is the kind of person who will watch you shuffle (and has spent time learning what to look for) to notice when you're doing something shady, but almost never cuts the deck? Doesn't that seem odd?
Old 07-28-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In all liklihood, you're correct. The OP was probably safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all likelihood, the story was made up. The OP is the kind of person who will watch you shuffle (and has spent time learning what to look for) to notice when you're doing something shady, but almost never cuts the deck? Doesn't that seem odd?

[/ QUOTE ]

It does seem odd since like you say he watches the shuffle and knows what to look for. OTOH if someone can set up a deck while shuffling they can pull off a move where despite the deck being 'cut' it winds up just as it was prior to being 'cut'. Keep in mind that at less formal home games practices and procedures (shuffling, ect) are often random and inconsistent. If your going to deal a deck like this you actually want to have it 'cut' so you can use that to claim innocence when it's all said and done.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6max. I have played with this group once, last week, and posted a big win. This is only the 2nd hand of the night. I have 750 in front, everyone has between 500 and 1000. 3/6.

So I'm BB. SB has just come back from collecting a pizza delivery and is sitting out this hand. So the guy to my right shuffles and I notice that he's fake shuffling, keeping the top bunch of cards in the same place. He's pretty good but I spent months practicing this trick so I know what to look for. I dont say anything, and tap the deck when he passes it to me to cut. This should be interesting...

Hero has 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Folded to CO (covers me) who limps, button folds, I check.

Flop comes: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Everyone is looking at me more intensely than usual. Whats my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Before the turn is dealt, you innocently ask, "Hey guys, I neglected to cut the deck before the deal so can we cut it now for luck?"
Old 09-27-2005, 10:53 AM

Default how dumb can you be?

"i saw him cheating blah blah.." yet i didnt cut the cards.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] cut the cards, leave the game, and bring your boys and throw bricks thru his windows another night. you can't proove he cheated you so don't [censored] with him that night, just come back in a week or so, maybe longer, get a friend or two and bash the place up. problem solved, just make sure you get the [censored] outta there