Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Red or black
Red 51 44.74%
Black 63 55.26%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Pondering my options

[ QUOTE ]
i would play the 3 smaller events. you will have 3 chances at what will still be a very big prize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

Stipe
Old 09-08-2005, 09:47 AM

I think Shaniac hit it on the head.

Play 2 and keep playing sats for the big one.

Perhaps you will even win enough in the other 2 to have buying into the ME as an option if you want to take a shot.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 09-08-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd play the big-bet events this weekend, and use the remaining 1K to try and get back into the main event,

[/ QUOTE ]

If you sell the W$, in two weeks you'll be very bummed that you missed this once-a-year opportunity.

If you just play the main event, that will be cool, but playing the smaller events and trying to win a second seat to the big one (or enough prize $ to buy-in) *might* allow you to play all the events (which I assume is your ideal scenario).

Later,
Che
Old 09-08-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had been running bad of late. After a big win about a month ago I had donked away about half my profit through lapses in concentration and the like

[/ QUOTE ] Hmm, the thread caught my eyes, basically because I'm in the same position (that is the abnormal losing streak, unfortunately not the sat win). And I noticed at least one other frequent poster mentioning the same problem.

I voted "Buy in to the 3 smaller events" becuase I find myself stuck in a vicious circle, where bad results lead to worse performance (and a few outright idiotic moves at critical points).

No matter how much fun or how exiting it would be for me to play the WCOOP big one, running sub-par and busting out of it because of a mis-judgement on my side would be extremely detrimental to my recoving confidence.

I don't see selling the chips as an option. Cash out when the sailing is smooth ... disperse your investments and hold the maximum possible bank roll when at rough seas.

Playing the smaller buy-in WCOOP events makes perfect sense - they will not be as over-run with pros at the big one, a relatively larger fraction of the seat has been won by donks, and a cash in one of them might be very healthy for you "head".

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)