Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Red or black
Red 51 44.74%
Black 63 55.26%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Pondering my options

We had a fun $30R supersat to the WCOOP ME ($2500+100) tonight. 4 seats were available and after 5 agonizing hours, shaniac and I managed to claim 2 of the seats.

This was an unexpected result for me as I had been running bad of late. After a big win about a month ago I had donked away about half my profit through lapses in concentration and the like, and I had actually decided to take a little poker break to get my head back together. But tonight I was feeling confident for some reason and decided to take one more shot at playing solid poker, and it happened to pay off.

So I'm kind of pondering this. I don't mind taking a shot in the WCOOP, I think I'm halfway decent enough to compete if I manage to keep my head in the game. (Last year I lasted about 30 minutes in the ME when I lost a few early hands, and then my QQ ran into AA - they always have better cards in the big-money events!)

But for the same price as the ME I can buy into the $500 PL and $1000 NL events this weekend, as well as the $1000 Limit event next Saturday. My day job doesn't really allow me to play any weekday events so these are the only other events I can consider playing.

I realize most people are probably like 'who cares?!' but does anyone have any thoughts to help me make this decision?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Pondering my options

id sell it.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:15 AM

I voted ME mostly to offer congrats.

OMG what a payout that could be.

On the other hand...three events. Nice events.

Congrats and break a leg somewhere.

G
Old 09-08-2005, 03:17 AM

i would play the 3 smaller events. you will have 3 chances at what will still be a very big prize.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:23 AM

I see "Sell the W$ and spend it on my wife" got a vote. Does Mrs Fnurt read 2+2 by any chance?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see "Sell the W$ and spend it on my wife" got a vote. Does Mrs Fnurt read 2+2 by any chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fnurtess is in bed, which tends to happen when you play a satellite till 3am. I have a feeling I might forget to mention to her that there is an option to sell the entry.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:41 AM

I would sell them and play the $500 PL event. Should be a nice payout, with long levels and deep stacks due to the lack of antes. Playing it is a bad idea IMO. Would you buyin to it if it was $2300 (the approx. amount you could get by selling them)? I doubt it. $2500 buys a lot of tourneys. GL in whatever you decide.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:54 AM

I'd play the big-bet events this weekend, and use the remaining 1K to try and get back into the main event, and then post another dilemna thread.

That was fun
Old 09-08-2005, 04:00 AM

I don't know your roll situation, but I'd split the difference. Sell $1000 and play this weekend. My whole philosophy on this MTT thing is you spend a fraction of your bankroll to expand it tenfold and skim a portion of your profits to enjoy in your life outside of poker, whether it's paying bills or keeping your support system happy.

You spend some money on your wife, you pad your roll a bit and you get to play. Best of all worlds. Maybe promise yourself you'll buy into the ME, if you break off a big win.

My two cents,

-D.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:34 AM

I would chop it and sell it to me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]