Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: wow... i thought about this all wrong

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pot is at 23.25, and it's 8.9 to call.
So, 1:2.6

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a big thing, but if we are calling, we might as well raise BB all in for his last 4 dollars. In that case, the pot is 27.25 and you must call 12.9. You're getting 2.11 to 1 and you need a 32.13% chance of winning the hand to call.

[ QUOTE ]
Now, suppose BB didn't call... should hero still call the all-in?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we should be thinking about BB calling because that complicates things.

I think this is definitely a clear flop push, but its not always going to be as pretty as everyone thinks. Up against A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would lower our equity to 15.17. However, against their ranges of hands, you definitely have enough equity to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was my point. I think I should have called/pushed but I didnt think both my draws were clean. If BB had not cold called, i would have insta called. This was exactly the kind of flop I wanted to get, but then the action convinced me I was behind/way behind a made hand, and may have been up against a draw that would be the nuts. Live and learn.
I also think preflop was ugly. I don't know why I got so passive/ I didn't pay close attention to SB stack.
Anyways, SB was on straight draw with KJo no hearts and BB had QTo with no hearts. So both by draws were good and I puked when the K came on river.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: OESD+Flush draw...do you call?

I don't think that the general 5/10 speaks for suited one-gappers, but maybe we heard different versions.

I'd be worried that the BB had a higher flush draw (A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] would make sense) but with the stack sizes, you've got to push.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:50 PM

I dont like the application of the 5/10 rule in this case. Hands like 67s, J9s, arent like small pairs. With small pairs, you hit your set, and your good.

Suited connectors can flop big (made hands) and they can flop draws. When we flop draws, especially OOP, we arent always stacking out opponents. Alot of times, 1/4-1/2 of the time we just lose more money after the flop, then check fold on a later steet, or villain doesnt pay us off. No one sees a set coming, but when there are two hearts on the flop and a 3rd one hits on the turn, villain's figure out the flush just got there.

5/10 Rule applies to small pairs and not SC IMO.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:05 PM

Push.

Sometimes you'll be up against a big hand and a better flush, but at this level you'll be up against random junk the majority if the time, and you have a huge draw and great equity. Stick it in.