Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Paying attention?

"Apparently, as the NR article interprets as a strategic decision, Saddam chose to dispose of weapons without allowing verification."

The NR article is wrong. UNSCOM oversaw much of the destruction of WMD and was given mountains of evidence to demonstrate the destruction processes it hadn't overseen.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Is warlockjd paying attention ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(Notice a pattern? What the pro-war Right calls "proof" are editorials written by pro-War Rightwingers. Nice!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hypocrite.

Don't EVER link ANYTHING that comes from any newspaper, ANY of the networks, well, just about ANYTHING in the media then.

Thus, you cannot even consider the NYT, WP, NBC, CBS, ABC, BBC, NPR, Reuters, AP, etc. to be a legitimate news source because they are NO more accurate and NO less biased than National Review.

[/ QUOTE ]

By "etc." I'm sure you mean talk radio, Murdoch newspapers, and, um, what am I missing.....

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

The point.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UNSCOM ... was given mountains of evidence to demonstrate the destruction processes it hadn't overseen.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not how it's done.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Sniff

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, what does "unilaterally" have to do with anything? You are putting the word there in order to show that the idea of not having WMDs is preposterous! Nice trick but it won't work: There was never any discussion of both the U.S. and Iraq getting rid of WMDs, last time I checked!

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
There was agreement that the UN and Iraq would cooperate in the visual verification of the destruction. That's what I meant by unilateral (but you knew that).

[ QUOTE ]
There are STILL Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq?? And the American side cannot find them?

[/ QUOTE ]
You find this implausible? I didn't say they were still in Iraq.

[ QUOTE ]
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies."
-- Winston Churchill

[/ QUOTE ]

The time to consider the justification for war is before, and after -- not during. That's the one time you should expect that you don't have the facts.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UNSCOM ... was given mountains of evidence to demonstrate the destruction processes it hadn't overseen.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not how it's done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much of the material was destroyed early on before the verification system had been put in place. What were they supposed to do, undestroy the WMDs so they could be destroyed again? Furthermore UNSCOM was broadly happy with the evidence presented to it.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Why does the Right post facts and the Left post innuendo and fallacies

Some people use "facts" to support faulty conclusions.

Some people make up facts.

Some people strictly use logical arguments.

Some people use emotional arguments.

To suggest that either the right or the left uses any of these while the other side doesn't suggests that the person making such a claim falls into another category: Some people don't care if the facts, the evidence, the logic, or the emotions are against them...they're still always right.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore UNSCOM was broadly happy with the evidence presented to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you just make this up as you go along?

UN Security Council Resolution 1441.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Here, Lassie

[ QUOTE ]
There was agreement that the UN and Iraq would cooperate in the visual verification of the destruction. That's what I meant by unilateral (but you knew that).

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I did not know that. What does "unilateral" have to do with anything in Saddam's WMDs? Jeez, you used the word to load up your argument that the notion of "no WMDs" is preposterous -- and you got caught. Next.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say [the WMDs] were still in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I guess the soundtrack to reading your post is "These WMDs Are Made For Walking" sung by Donald Rumsfeld and the Choir of The Obedient Washington Press Corps.

Are you saying that Colin Powell had vials of the stuff and sat pix of everything those bastards were doing pre-war but immediately after his U.N. speech, America stopped getting data or stopped spying??

Like trucks moving the WMDs to Las Vegas or something? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You truly are a piece of work.

[ QUOTE ]
The time to consider the justification for war is before, and after -- not during.

[/ QUOTE ]
In other words, and seeing as the War On Terror is, per its architects, never really ending, hmmm... we will never know, will we?

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Zippy

[ QUOTE ]
The point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jaxmike,

You want to have a point, that much is clear, but you never had a point, you do not have a point now, and most likely you will never have a point.

Then again I have yet to check out your head.

Best regards,

--Cyrus
Old 09-27-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Here, Lassie

NWR