Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 11:44 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Chip denoms-Response to JTR

[ QUOTE ]
Hey gnu,

Can I join the dice chip owners hall of shame?

Just wondering, by the looks of your pictures it seems that the labels might make those chips a bit more stackable than they usually are. As in less slippery? You seem to have made some reasonably tall towers there -- how fragile were they?

Very nice table, by the way.

EDIT: and the web site is well done too.

Cheers,
--JTR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the labels made the chips a bit thicker and more stackable (not much more, the towers were at their limits in some of those pics, the slightest bump of the table would've sent em crashing down)

With the labels, instead of 20 per row in a plastic chip rack, I can only squeeze in 19 chips. They're a bit more shuffable as well with the stickers, and the stickers haven't come off or gotten stuck to other chips, etc.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Grandgnus New Table (pics) and new home poker Website!

Hi AJ,
Nice setup and the web site looks good. If you're looking for feedback I think your logo could be incorporated better but I like the overall look... good job.

- Fins
Old 02-02-2005, 02:20 PM

nice! one thing that's always bugged me- you have this rich-looking table top and then you see the spindly folding legs underneath.

Are there better folding legs out there that could be substituted?
Old 02-02-2005, 03:19 PM

Why are there buttons in the rail vinyl?

Also, where did you get the legs?
Old 02-02-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice! one thing that's always bugged me- you have this rich-looking table top and then you see the spindly folding legs underneath.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are better options out there, check out the tables I build and the custom leg design I came up with. Riverboat Willie's Custom Poker Tables Right now I only have pictures up of the old design, but the two latest table's i've made i changed it up a bit. Instead of the angled look to the end pieces, i made them look like large capital I's with corners that were rounded, it definately looked alot nicer. The legs fold flat and are a separate piece from the tabletop. This is not a solicitation for business or anything, just letting you know there are other options out there.

Mark "Riverboat Willie" Nelson

p.s. the folding metal legs actually work pretty well, but they can wear out or the tabletop can warp.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:27 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Questions About The Table

Alright, I did not build this table, a friend did. I build computers, not very hand with wood. I don't know where he got all of the materials at.

I do know that he went with an easier padded rail, it's like a one-piece thing, thus the buttons that are there, instead of the harder to make traditional rail. It still gets the job done and feels just fine.

He actually upgraded the legs to stronger ones that initially planned, and also the wood as well, so it's not like some of the cheapo's on ebay.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:03 PM

Aren't you worried about posting your website with personal contact info, considering your games are illegal in Massachusetts? It sucks, but I'd keep a low profile if I were you...

Mass. gambling laws
Old 02-02-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't find the link I'm looking for but here's another leg option... similar but better maybe.

I had a good link to pedestals & legs that looked like what they used on proffesional tables... here are some other options... not what I was looking for. The supplier had a variety of bases including one similar to this...Cardroom Supply texas tables at the bottom of the page

Maybe I'll run across it...

- Fins
Old 02-02-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Slimms Comments About Legality

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you worried about posting your website with personal contact info, considering your games are illegal in Massachusetts? It sucks, but I'd keep a low profile if I were you...

Mass. gambling laws

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is what the law states:

Chapter 271: Section 2 Gaming or betting in public conveyance or place or while trespassing in private place; arrest without warrant

Section 2. Whoever, in a public conveyance or public place, or in a private place upon which he is trespassing, plays at cards, dice or any other game for money or other property, or bets on the sides or hands of those playing, shall forfeit not more than fifty dollars or be imprisoned for not more than three months; and whoever sets up or permits such a game shall be punished by a fine of not less than fifty nor more than one hundred dollars or by imprisonment for not less than three nor more than twelve months. If discovered in the act, he may be arrested without a warrant by a sheriff, deputy sheriff, constable or any officer qualified to serve criminal process, and held in custody, in jail or otherwise, for not more than twenty-four hours, Sunday and legal holidays excepted, until complaint may be made against him for such offence.

My home is neither a "public place" nor a private place that someone is tresspassing upon. If I was holding these events in a public bar, or charging a house fee or rake, then I'd be in trouble. As my game stands now, it's not illegal.

I've been doing this openly since 2002. I've even received requests for interviews by the Boston Herald and Worcester Magazine. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]