Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-30-2005, 03:39 AM

Default trip 9s, how is my line

no reads.. first hand at table

$1/$2 Full Tilt (8 Handed)

Pre-flop:
Hero dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in BB
UTG+1 and UTG+2 call, SB completes, Hero checks (rest fold)
Pot : 4 SB (4 players)

Flop:
9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds
Pot : 6 SB (2 players)

Turn:
3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, Hero calls
Pot : 5 BB (2 players)

River:
J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">SB bets, Hero raises, SB raises</font>, Hero calls

Final Pot : 11 BB

I'll add my thoughts for each street shortly.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: trip 9s, how is my line

I like all streets. No reason to raise flop on drawless board. No reason to raise turn because it might chase SB off a weaker hand. Raise the river, once he 3bets he seems to have a 9 also so call with your weak kicker.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:49 AM

I like the flop smoothcall on a drawless board like this. I generally raise the turn here, he is calling down with a lot of made hands like small PP or pair of 3's or 2's, or with a spade draw if he picked one up. If he's bluffing it's likely the last bet you'll get anyways.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:53 AM

I raise this flop with 66, so I raise this flop with 98o.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But aren't you raising 66 here to also drive out weak over cards like 7s, 8s, Ts, and Js? In this case, I really want them coming along right?
Old 12-30-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But aren't you raising 66 here to also drive out weak over cards like 7s, 8s, Ts, and Js? In this case, I really want them coming along right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of think shant's point applies a little more if you have a history against these opponents, (i.e. they have seen you raise in these spots with 66 type hands before) or at higher limits where players may make this play a lot, so they won't give you credit for a 9. As a default against unknowns at 1/2 though I'm not sure if raising is right. But I think it's a super important point especially if you want to player higher, shant wrote a really great post a couple weeks ago about this I'd look it up it was really helpful to me.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There are no hands I don't raise preflop that I just call on this flop so if I just call with strong hands like a 9 here and raise weak ones I fear I make myself to predictable.

Also, once there is a bet and a call on a 992 drawless flop, it's going to be hard for weak overcard hands to continue anyway, so it's not like I'm confident in getting overcalls.

On the other hand, they might even call with overcards when you raise because who raises a 9 on this flop and they'll think you must have a 2.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of think shant's point applies a little more if you have a history against these opponents, (i.e. they have seen you raise in these spots with 66 type hands before) or at higher limits where players may make this play a lot, so they won't give you credit for a 9. As a default against unknowns at 1/2 though I'm not sure if raising is right. But I think it's a super important point especially if you want to player higher, shant wrote a really great post a couple weeks ago about this I'd look it up it was really helpful to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Micro or SS? Linky?
Old 12-30-2005, 04:14 AM

Yeah, I sometimes am not sure where to draw the line because I've already admitted I've never played the micros, but I like responding to hand posts because it gets me thinking. So sometimes my advice may not apply to a level and my bad if it doesn't.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In Micro or SS? Linky?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's in from this thread:

Link