Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 02-10-2005, 06:51 PM

Default HoH Question for Mason..........

Mason...on page 340 Harrington mentions raising with AQ and picking up a weak caller. He says we have the caller on queen-small, and proceeds to explain why we shouldnt bet large on 4th street....we dont want to lose the caller. I understand this concept....however in example 2...Dan mentions the same AQ and caller, but this time the caller has an underpair such as TT. He gives 3 types of plays to make....a big bet, a check, and a bet of half the pot. I dont understand.....1. Why is a big bet...the pot....correct when the caller has TT...but not QT? QT is a better hand....he has three tens to make 2 pair....but with TT he has only two outs. Shoudnt we bet more to apply maximum pressure on a hand that has more outs? And 2.....why in example 3 does Dan say that betting half the pot is not optimal? If my opponent is a 22-1 dog to improve on the next card, as he is with TT, why is 1/2 the pot not optimal? Thank you for your help.....
Old 02-10-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: HoH Question for Mason..........

I had the exact same question. In general I thought this whole section (Fourth Street) was too short and a little muddled.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: HoH Question for Mason..........

bump