Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 04:33 PM

Default $11\'s vs. $22\'s

I'm sure this has been discussed before.. did a search but couldn't get any good results. I have heard that there isn't much of a difference in skill between the $11 and $22 games on Party. I usually play the $11's at Party and do OK (20% ROI, 41% ITM, after 130 SNGs), and the shots I've taken at the $22's have all been a bust. I feel like I'm jinxed or something at the $22's...

Is there a big jump in moving up?
Old 12-28-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: $11\'s vs. $22\'s

There is a difference, but I think you should stop looking at results based on small sample sizes and start going through hand histories. The results will eventually take care of themselves.

My guess is that you are not as good as the numbers from the $11s indicate and not as bad as the numbers from the $22s indicate.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:50 PM

I have this problem. I'll make a move, and then instantly right afterwards realize it was a bad play. Sometimes I will know the right play, and then second guess myself and do something different.

I guess this downswing is causing me to 2nd guess myself.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:55 PM

There's no difference. Both the 11s and 22s are the same, mere virtual toilet paper for JuKel79, and that is all they are. If you feel otherwise, I cannot be bothered to feel pity for you.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:00 PM

Yes, your sample size is way too small. However, I do believe there is a signifigant difference between the $11s and $22s. Maybe from someone playing the $55s+ the two won't seem much different, but from down here it is noticable to a degree, to what degree I don't know or else I'd be doing alot better there. But anyway, none of this matters to you, because your sample size is too small.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:15 PM

This will help you understand why you can't get caught up in small sample size results. Here's my profit graph over my last 275ish $22s. If I would have posted it after 210 I would have looked like Gigabet. As it is, I'm suffering through about a 30 buyin downswing over just 70ish tournaments. Ouch!

Old 12-28-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both the 11s and 22s are the same, mere virtual toilet paper for JuKel79, and that is all they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH Sir. I see were all on the same page. And If you multitable I just added added 1 22 so Id be playing 3 or 5 11's and a 22 and then 2 22's and 2 or 4 11's and then half and half and then I just started playing 22's only. I feel like this is an easy transition and get you used to the bigger swings and what not. Skill wise theyre not much different.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:30 PM

Damn, that is one hell of a swing, uclabruinz. I would be freaking out after that downswing. I'd probably start 2nd guessing myself about going all in with KK preflop.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:32 PM

Yeah you make like 3x as much money at the 22s. It's pretty fun.

And uclabruinz, that short but sharp upswing coincides with my 400 in 4 days thing. Glad I could pay your bills for a little while [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, that is one hell of a swing, uclabruinz. I would be freaking out after that downswing. I'd probably start 2nd guessing myself about going all in with KK preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's a good test and learning experience. I am really focusing on my play and not my results. While I am using it to study my play, look for leaks, and improve, most of it is just running bad. It happens.

It helps that I won $4k in an MTT a week or two ago.