Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-25-2005, 03:56 AM

Default schneids vs me had dark bet and call on flop and turn...

Howdy y'all. I'm a noob here. Play Canterbury 15/30 reg, online 5-10 6max, sneak up to 30/60 every so often. In one of these instances schneids raises UTG, all fold to me in SB, I 3 bet w/AA, he calls. My table image is tight, and i'm curious as to what schneids table image is of me at this point??

I dark bet flop, he dark calls, I dark bet turn, he dark calls. Cracks me up. At river we're looking at AJx, T, J. I bet, he raises, I 3 bet, he 4 bets, I think for a bit and 5 bet, he calls, I drag pot.

Questions - any hand he could have here besides AJ? I asked if he had TT and he said yes, but who knows. If he six bets, can I even think about going seven? It was hard enough to go to five. What do you think of the dark turn bet after the dark call on the flop, all before the flop had even come out? (although all kinda happened at the same time - so possibly he had a peek of the flop?)

Anyways, interesting hand, Schneids would like to hear your thoughts if you see this post. Thanks!

Bryan
Old 12-25-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: schneids vs me had dark bet and call on flop and turn...

if he told you he had TT he probably had TT

i doubt he would dark call flop and turn w/ AJ

[ QUOTE ]
If he six bets, can I even think about going seven?

[/ QUOTE ]

only if you aren't allergic to money

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of the dark turn bet after the dark call on the flop, all before the flop had even come out?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that it shows you understand the definition of "dark bet"
Old 12-25-2005, 04:42 AM

I honestly dont see how schneids can have TT. First off I dont know him or his game, but I dont think hes calling the flop with TT on an AJx board. And if he did make this flop mistake, not raising the turn when he hit would be even a bigger mistake IMO since he should know that you can have all kinds of holdings that will call this turn raise, like AK,AQ,AJs, maybe even KK or QQ hoping to hit a 6 outer. Given all these holdings you can possibly have that will give schneids action and given the fact that any K or Q on the river will likely kill Schneids action, just calling the turn and waiting to raise the river with TT on that board would be a horrible play IMO. So if Schneids has TT he wouldve made a bad play on the flop and a bad play on the turn which is why I dont think Schneids had TT afterall.

Which means Schneids has to have AJ here? Lets see if this hand makes sense. PREFLOP: certainly. FLOP: Just calling and waiting til the turn to raise is a reasonable play. TURN: Not rasing here again does not make sense, since he should assume that even if you had a hand like KK or QQ your likely to call the turn raise hoping to hit one of your 6 outs and if you have AK or AQ your not going anywhere, so once again Schneids has his market on the turn yet he doesnt cash in. I think on the river Schneids wouldve played AJ and TT the same way.

Mathematically speaking Schneids is 60% likely to have TT and 40% to have AJ. Logically speaking, on the flop AJ makes more sense than TT, on the turn both hands dont make sense, and on the river both hands are logical. Since I think both hands were misplayed, logical analysis cant really help here, so going by math and what Schneids said, I would assume He did indeed have TT afterall.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:03 AM

he didnt call on a 'AJx' flop, he dark called the flop and turn before the cards were even dealt.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he didnt call on a 'AJx' flop, he dark called the flop and turn before the cards were even dealt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanx, now everything makes sense. I knew I was missing something.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:18 AM

if he 6bets you must 7bet. maybe if he 8bets you can just call. depends on your feel at the table.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:28 AM

i give mike KJ, QJ and JT in that order. IMO there is no way he has TT.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? i guess i'm failing to see why he dark called the flop and turn with KJ QJ or JT when being 3 bet out of the blinds
Old 12-25-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? i guess i'm failing to see why he dark called the flop and turn with KJ QJ or JT when being 3 bet out of the blinds

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how these holdings are any more absurd to dark call with than TT.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how these holdings are any more absurd to dark call with than TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I **play poker for fun** It's fun to dark call bets with TT.

BTW the flop was ATx, turn Jack. Not the other way around.