Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: New Game at Wynn... $10/20 mix!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think razz is OK as long as they play sutd8 and not stud hi/lo with not qual like they do at bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's called hi/lo regular. i don't understand why people like playing this game. it's so frustrating. it makes razz looks like hot sex.

[/ QUOTE ].

..it's possibly the best game in existence as far as skilled player edge is concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as it's not 5 card hi/lo declare...

[/ QUOTE ]

if wynn will spread it, I'll crush you all
Old 10-13-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only reason people play Razz is because they all think they can win a game where the worst hand wins [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] -

And then most of the reason people hate the game is because while you can start out with great pockets in a Stud game and have them hold up without improvement, you are ALWAYS on the draw in a Razz game, and so are your opponents - the goal is to suckout better then your opponent - so that can set people off...

but I started playing it after FT Poker offered it - nice diversion.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like someone has been watching too much WSOP coverage [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I really like draw games, so its not foreign to me at all. Anyone who plays TD (and its fast rising among experienced Hold'em only players) can easily move to Razz with little frustration.

PS: I kill the Full Tilt Razz games when I play there... they are super soft!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 01:33 AM

actually, Razz is probably my 2nd fav. game after Holdem - and my 2nd best played - but most of my info has come from Doyle's few pages on it in the original SS and just a lot of reading of our newsgroups.

That and Felicia standing over me with a bat - she smacks me in the head every time I start with a A3J cause it's not a strong enough hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I consider my placement in a H.O.R.S.E. tourney one of my greatest poker accomplishments, even though it was only 160 players and I only made the 2nd table - hate being a one trick pony.

RB
Old 10-14-2005, 03:40 PM

I might come up this weekend and take a peek if it's running.

I have always thought Razz was a great game for women. Women can handle the vicious beats better than men. A woman can start out with three to a wheel, catch a fourth wheel card, brick all the way to the river, watch some yahoo turn over a queen high starting hand, and still play well. I don't see many men who can play well after those types of hands. And that is where I make money. AFTER the men start tilting.

Luckily for me, women haven't caught on to this, and I am usually the only woman ever playing Razz.

As far as Stud 8 no qualifier, it is not a frustrating game at all. Don't go high, period. It is a huge fish fry if you can remember that. A true no-brainer.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Number of players at Table; how often game changes

If anyone that plays in this game can specify some of the details, it would be appreciated.

How many players at table? Is it 8 because of 2-7 TD? Everyone plays all the games, but then 2 sit out when 2-7 TD comes around?

How often does the game change? Is it timed or is it every round?

thx
Old 10-17-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Number of players at Table; how often game changes

It depends on the floor when the game gets going actually. Sometimes it is a rake game and sometimes it is a time game. We usually switch games every 8 hands and have 8 people max at the table. The two people UTG and UTG+1 sit out during 2-7.