Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: What are your 3 biggest fears/phobias?

Interestingly enough, after I was fine and alive, that was the most fun thing that happened on the trip. Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger!

I'm having flashbacks to that day, ahhh, good times. The raft ahead of us got stuck inbetween 2 rocks at a small 5 foot drop point, and was sideways, blocking the only pass through. By the time we saw they were stuck it was too late as we had already started our pass at the rapid. Our plan was to bump into the raft, but we hit a giant ass rock at really high speeds and immediatly our raft started climbing it. We had a guide and 4 others in the boat. The guide immediatly said "we are [censored]!" and abandoned ship by jumping onto the other raft. Our raft was completely vertical now and we were all just holding on for our lives. I couldn't hold on much longer and fell off leading to my previous story. The other raft grabbed me from underneath and pulled me in.

Good...times...
Old 10-16-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but its quicker and alot less painful than many other things...u panic like a mofo at 1st...but its fast...no matter what the situation is and how long u can "normally" hold ur breath...when u panic that times cut in half if not less... so even for those 3 minute guys out there...its not that long [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still take "dying in my sleep" over drowning, any day.

1 1/2 - 3 minutes might not seem like that long...but time it out with a stopwatch. It's not exactly the blink of an eye. Now imagine you can't breathe for that whole period, and as soon as you do try to breathe you're going to get lungful of water and choke and die. There are much quicker and less scary ways to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know it seems like alot longer but when u panic under water most people suck in water....like when i was held underwater i started sucking in water pretty soon after which cuts my time down to nothing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Variance
2. Cheating on my girlfriend
3. Dying

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.this is exactly how i feel.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:32 AM

Bugs
Old 10-16-2005, 05:13 AM

Heights, spiders, and I'm really not sure of the next one. Maybe public speaking? Although I'm not all that afraid of that and usually do pretty well at it. Oh yeah, having to ask for favors, that must be the third one. I hate doing that or feeling like I have to. Makes me extremely uncomfortable. Often I find it extremely trying to ask for even the most trivial consideration, or accept it when offered.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You've been here 8 days you don't know [censored]. All you are is typical internet girl stereo type who thinks attacking one of her own and joining the masses is best way to get noticed and accepted by all the boys. You strike me as incredibly weak, unoriginal, uninteresting and pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Annoying" to me is someone who can't spell out words and uses AOL-speak like "u" instead of "you." If you claim that to be incredibly weak, unoriginal, uninteresting, and pathetic, that's your prerogative. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I give her automatic points for spirit.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:23 AM

Heights
Going the rest of the way deaf
Bats
Old 10-16-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Being eaten alive, specifically by sharks. I saw Jaws too young. Way too young.

2. Going to jail and being someone's bitch.

3. Getting Alzheimers.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are very good.

I was kind of thinking of fears as something that had a real likely chance of affecting someone anytime real soon or that they got a chill thinking about. These sound more like long-range life disappointments or something that may easily never happen even once. Now, coming into contact with a nasty bug or something, that I could see happening any second to anybody.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty much afraid of everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozzie said that too.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I found drowning to be really pleasant, actually. Frighteningly so. "Holy [censored], I'm going down and loving it! Put it in gear, 'Cardo!"

[/ QUOTE ]

My drowning experience was nothing like that. I was held underwater for over a minute in a hydraulic after our raft tipped over while whitewater rafing. I only popped out of the hydraulic after I had used up all of my energy trying to swim to the surface, had completely run out of air, and was certain I was about to die. Once I went limp and half-passed out, the hydraulic spit me out. I had nightmares about drowing for months afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've come close to drowning a couple of times. I remember it being terrifying, super hard body-wracking convulsions, a massive headache both during and afterwards, sore sinuses and lungs from the strain and the salt that the saltwater put on them and forced into them under pressure of convulsion, and once throwing up afterwards from the incredible strain those convulsions put on my stomach, and having bright red eyes for a long time from the busted capillaries. It wasn't pleasant, and the time didn't seem short. And that's when you live. I don't think prolonging it would have made it any less painful and terrifying. Pleasant, it wasn't.