Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Cash games vs. Tournaments

I play on Stars but recently I've been having problems in the cash games. It seems to always come out to be a push or worse.

I'll win a big pot and spend the next 20min missing on my AK or TT and putting what I won back into the pot.(I play Tight-Aggressive) Obviously getting on a rush of cards would be the way out of this quagmire but that of course doesn't always happen.

I do well playing Sit N Go's and playing Tourneys and am thinking of just sticking to that full time.

Aside from just remaining patient in the cash games(1/2 NL) How can I get over the hump? What can I do to improve my winnings in the cash games?

Thx

Jeromy
Old 11-01-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Cash games vs. Tournaments

Read books, poker mags, read and post hands for feedback on this forum, and the list goes on and on.
Seek and ye shall find.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:20 AM

"(I play Tight-Aggressive) "

hehehe

Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller would be a good pickup if you don't have it already.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:27 AM

you should be alot more patient in a cash game. you dont have to worry about blinds doubling fast, and you can usually bust fish by waiting till you get premium hands and then reeling them in. the key is patience. and i play TAG also, and i do pretty good. you just have to focus, and pay attention to how many hands the others are playing, and watch their betting patterns and cards they showdown, etc.