Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Is there anyway that you can get rakeback for your existing account?

I remeber a while ago some guy posted that you can close your account, open it 2nd day through another affiliate and get the RB offer. Can anyone confirm this? Party skins I'm talking about. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Is there anyway that you can get rakeback for your existing accoun

We dont recommend closing accounts and reopening them. Frauding the sites can result in your accounts being shutdown. There are many party skins so we recommend opening a new account with one of them.

Many affiliates will recommend closing and reopening accounts, in our experience this is not a good tactic. Many of the skins now are able to track these accounts and will assign the player back to his original affiliate so your rakeback will not work anyways, take from this what you will.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:31 PM

Thanks! That's very helpful.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We dont recommend closing accounts and reopening them. Frauding the sites can result in your accounts being shutdown. There are many party skins so we recommend opening a new account with one of them.

Many affiliates will recommend closing and reopening accounts, in our experience this is not a good tactic. Many of the skins now are able to track these accounts and will assign the player back to his original affiliate so your rakeback will not work anyways, take from this what you will.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have this same question with Absolute. I don't mind just not playing there for a while after I close my account. I don't need any more new account bonuses, either. I'm just a dumbass and didn't research enough first!

Are there policies for an inactive account? After a certain number of months, can you open a new one?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:02 AM

What if you have yet to make a real money deposit into the account, but wish to sign up for a new one under a different affiliate?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if you have yet to make a real money deposit into the account, but wish to sign up for a new one under a different affiliate?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you never deposited realmoney you should be fine with opening a new account, imo.

Also I have seen a site that will get you party rakeback if you have not played on your account for 6 months.

And I have not played on my absolute account for well over a year, maybe 2. So would I be able to open a new account with rakeback if I choose too?
Old 10-05-2005, 10:44 AM

I once asked Absolute Support how I would go about closing my account and re-opening it under a new affiliate (to get rb).

I was very specific in that I would not want the "First-Deposit" bonus, as I obviously have already played there....
I pointed out that I played 5-6k hands a month there, and even playing that much was still splitting my play on other sites...
I also mentioned that I would move all of my play to their site, which would greatly increase my played hands per month, if they would do this for me.

I pointed out that chances are pretty good that they would lose money on the rake I was currently paying (which I believe was full rake at the time) to pay the affiliate, but my increased play would more than offset this.

There response was a firm no.
I asked them to forward that e-mail to a manager or someone with decision making ability and authority....
This person responded with a not so nice "no.".

I finally responded with something along these lines:
I have been a decent player at your site for over a year now, and Have made a quite reasonable request, considering the offers that are on the affiliate market...
You have basically told me that my year of play with you is meaningless, and a new player who has never played your site is able to get a better deal then me, just because I joined your site as a before learning of these offers from other affiliates.

Well, now I have a proposal for you.
I request that you allow me to a) change the affiliate I am under if any to one of my choosing,
or b) allow me to close this account and open a new one under an affiliate of my choosing

Or

I withdrawal everything and never play your site again.
You can either take a cut in the rake that I am paying you or get 100% of Zero.

They chose 100% of zero,and I haven't played their site since...
I even cashed out all of my ARP points when I found out they had a store opened up...

Sorry if this was a little long, but basically, no, at least not in AbsolutePoker's case anyways, they will NOT allow you to go under someone else's tracker once you have opened an account with them.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:13 PM

Hey ChipFish,

That's very informative - thank you. Not the story I wanted to hear, but helpful none-the-less.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:50 PM

my experience with absolute is similiar to chipfish's with the same result. i wont play another hand there.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:32 PM

I LOVE ABSOLUTE!!!