Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Cryptologic FAQs (rough draft)

Hesse's points about getting a $20 come-back bonus by waiting it out are valid (including the ability to clear both bonuses at once).
Also about clearing the bonus DURING one of the 'Cowboy weekend' promotions or whatever they might be running.

Amazingly, I don't think I have EVER cashed-out from Crypto.

They charge a $1 fee to cash-out.
As I recall...I think you can avoid the $1 cash-out fee by simply cashing-out $X + $0.01.
So if you want to cash-out $100 then just put in $100.01.
Crypto willjust round it up to $101...and then charge you the $1 cash-out fee....which now is only a $0.01 cash-out fee.

Is this correct people??
As i said, I've never done this myself but I thought I remembered reading about it.

Also - info along the lines that the 1/2 dollar-tables are EXTREMELY tight at the end of the month because of numerous 2+2 bonus-clearing types trying to get in their hands might be useful.
To that end....I suspect it might be better to clear the bonuses during the middle of the month IF there are fewer rock-tight bonus-clearers to be found during that time.

Also - info that the rake on the pounds and euro tables are worse (3 pound rake max is worse than $3 rake) but that they are sometimes considered looser (partly because it's mostly occupied by people who don't understand they're getting screwed by the rake).

Also - that prime-time hours there are different on crypto than on most other sites because of the predominance of European players.
So American evenings (and particularly later evening) are a bit deader there. But American afternoons are more active because this is obviously European prime-time (evening).

Just some suggested additions if you wanted to take the FAQ's in these directions.
Good job Cubs.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:41 AM

sigh... i will get to this asap..... side-tracked again....

cubs
Old 06-13-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I recall...I think you can avoid the $1 cash-out fee by simply cashing-out $X + $0.01.
Crypto willjust round it up to $101...and then charge you the $1 cash-out fee....which now is only a $0.01 cash-out fee.

Is this correct people??
As i said, I've never done this myself but I thought I remembered reading about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. It states that they round up to nearest dollar right on the cashout page. Funny that it took me reading about here to even notice it but I noticed the $1 they were charging immediately.

[ QUOTE ]
Also - info along the lines that the 1/2 dollar-tables are EXTREMELY tight at the end of the month because of numerous 2+2 bonus-clearing types trying to get in their hands might be useful.
To that end....I suspect it might be better to clear the bonuses during the middle of the month IF there are fewer rock-tight bonus-clearers to be found during that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the key to the Cryptos, table selection. Nobody wants to play with a table full of bonus clearing whores.

[ QUOTE ]
Also - info that the rake on the pounds and euro tables are worse (3 pound rake max is worse than $3 rake) but that they are sometimes considered looser (partly because it's mostly occupied by people who don't understand they're getting screwed by the rake).

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been subject to debate. There is no argument however that they do rake more for the larger pots.

[ QUOTE ]
Hesse's points about getting a $20 come-back bonus by waiting it out are valid (including the ability to clear both bonuses at once).
Also about clearing the bonus DURING one of the 'Cowboy weekend' promotions or whatever they might be running.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also note that Total Bet and UKBetting run excellent promotions all month for hold em players. Definately check them out before you 'whore' there.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is this correct people??

[/ QUOTE ]

This is NOT correct. I just cashed out $200.01 from Poker Plex and I was still charged a $1.00 service fee. Also, the amount of my cashout was NOT rounded up. In the cashier statement screen it shows up as two separate transactions - my cashout for exactly $200.01 and another line showing the service charge. I double checked my account balance and it is indeed $201.01 lower than before my withdrawal request.

Again, this was for Poker Plex, but I would imagine the rest of the Cryptos are the same.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Is this correct people??

[/ QUOTE ]

This is NOT correct. I just cashed out $200.01 from Poker Plex and I was still charged a $1.00 service fee. Also, the amount of my cashout was NOT rounded up. In the cashier statement screen it shows up as two separate transactions - my cashout for exactly $200.01 and another line showing the service charge. I double checked my account balance and it is indeed $201.01 lower than before my withdrawal request.

Again, this was for Poker Plex, but I would imagine the rest of the Cryptos are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, but have you checked your neteller balance?

when you do, you will probably see that $201 was put in there. that is when you recoup the 99 cents.

this has ALWAYS worked for me, at any rate.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Is this correct people??

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, but have you checked your neteller balance?

when you do, you will probably see that $201 was put in there. that is when you recoup the 99 cents.

this has ALWAYS worked for me, at any rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, thanks for the clarification. That is not how I interpreted MicroBob's post, but he said he had not done it.

I will post when my funds hit - but it will be Firepay account and NOT Neteller. I am a Maryland resident and Neteller has not deigned us worthy of their service.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:04 PM

Right - I was not aware that you got the $0.99 back when it hit neteller.
I did think indeed that it was rounded up on the cash-out itself...not upon you receiving it.

This is a clarification that would be helpful to include in the FAQ's also I suppose.

Sorry for all the additions/ideas Cubs - I think the $1 thing is a good addition though as well as the higher max-rake on the brit-sterling games.

General info that ANYBODY can play those games might be a good idea also.
I've seen some posts by American players who weren't aware that they could actually sit at the brit-sterling tables because they didn't know that crypto just converts their dollars into pounds upon sitting and then converts it back to dollars when they leave the table and it goes back into their account.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:14 PM

With the Ecash PIN do you need one for each Crypto site, or is just the first one enough?
Old 06-13-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the Ecash PIN do you need one for each Crypto site, or is just the first one enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

All Ecash sites have their own PIN's.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:52 AM

There is one exception: William Hill does not require a PIN