Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Prefer ya gone

Actually it was my poor attempt at sarcasm. I thought you knew I support the Holocaust revisionists' efforts (the honest ones anyway) yet I don't consider either them or myself haters of any sort.

The dudes prancing around with swastikas, though, are another story.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:49 PM

>>I thought you knew I support the Holocaust revisionists' efforts (the honest ones anyway) <<

Well, looking back over the thread it seems that there were a couple of different issues - one being historical revisionism per se, the other being the laws in some EU countries criminializing such attempts at revisionism.

First of all, I personally have no problem with legitimate historical scholarship. Secondly, criminalizing 'revisionism' is a dangerous and misguided policy, it may lead to criminalizing legitimate historical inquiry.

I prefer to let people make their own arguments freely and let them be judged in the court of public opinion.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:03 PM

Fair enough.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Zipo tail alight

It could be just my imagination, but are you trying to say something? If you do, you better make it absolutely clear. Generalities and platitudes won't wash.

For the record, and in case you were insinuating anything, I stand behind every statement I've made into this thread, both from a moral and a historical viewpoint. L'haim.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Zipo tail alight

>>platitudes won't wash<<

What "platitudes" are you referring to?

>>L'haim<<

?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Zipo tail alight

>>If you do, you better make it absolutely clear.<<

Or what? You'll have me dragged off and gassed?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:56 PM

Default To life

[ QUOTE ]
What "platitudes" are you referring to?

[/ QUOTE ] If you pretend not to know, I have nothing more to say. If you truly don't know, I could have been mistaken about your insinuations.

platitude
Old 12-11-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Holocaust Denial

On which of these points was Ernst Zundel convicted after due process of law?

None, considering he is not a Canadian Citizen. In fact, he wasn't actually charged with any of those things (since I only posted them to show what he actually did was illegal). He was deported because his visitor's visa expired. Simple as that. He made a frivolous refugee claim by applying for refugee status from his native Germany and was rejected. The end. Simple, no?

Why did he spend several years in prison for an unconvicted offense that at the most would lead to two years of imprisonment?

Because as a foreign non-Canadian citizen he is not entitled to the rights of a Canadian citizen under the Charter. He spent several years while the courts permitted him his due process by arguing his status in Canada, whether he was to be conferred Canadian citizenship, and whether he was a security threat as a result of his denial and messages of Jew-hatred, alleging a global "conspiracy" of Jewish blah blah blah.

And finally, the facts above may make you cry out of sadness, but which of them is false?

"We know with certainty that the numbers of Holocaust victims were purposely inflated right after World War II by Zionist groups to gain sympathy in their formation of Israel. There use to be a plaque at Auschwitz that said "8 million died here" which was changed to 6 million, then 4 million, and then it disappeared altogether. The Soviets purposely inflated Nazi crimes to cover up their own."

Please show me pictures of the plaque showing these modifications.

"The Iranian Prime Minister is stating a half truth by implying that the Holocaust is a lie. What is true is that numbers were purposely inflated to gain international sympathy in forming the state of Israel (1948) which is an injustice against the arabs."

"implying"? He explicitly stated as such. Furthermore, a Holocaust is a holocaust, no matter how many are killed.

The only injustice was the eviction of all those jews 1500 years ago, before there even were any "Arabs". More importantly, there has been a continuous significant Jewish community in Israel since the dawn of history. The move of the european jews there was immigration, not colonization. Those people did not set the arabs to work in their fields or force on them slave labour, they simply created their own communities independent of the existing arab communities.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Holocaust Denial

Holocaust denial is idiotic, for sure. But laws banning holocaust denial are just as dumb.

Will
Old 12-12-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Nakba

You were doing well until the very end of the tirade. (I am pointing it out even though I shiver at the thought of Zipo unleashing his witty commentary on us again!.. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])

[ QUOTE ]
The only injustice was the eviction of all those jews 1500 years ago, before there even were any "Arabs".

[/ QUOTE ]

Quotation marks or no quotation marks around their name, the Arabs suffered the second injustice (if indeed one should call them thus) about sixty years ago. What to one people is God's Promise, to the other people is a Catastrophe. (This is actually how Palestinian Arabs refer to the creation of the state of Israel in 1948 and their subsequent, continuous troubles.)