Old 06-16-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Re: This is easy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Overrated: JTs

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

JTs is so overrated that it's underrated.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Re: This is easy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Overrated: JTs

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

JTs is so overrated that it's underrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was gonna say it's so underrated it's overrated, but then i realized i have no creativity
Old 06-15-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Most over-rated / under-rated hold \'em starting hands?

I think JJ is the most overrated, because people will often lose all their money with it, if they don't know when to check/fold.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:08 AM

A2o is the worst hand in poker. People lose more money with it than any other hand. A2s can't be far behind. Underated--king jack suited. Overrated--king queen Why? I don't know, seem to always do better with KJ than KQ for some reason. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 02:23 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Most over-rated for most players: KTo

Imo, by far the most overrated. People play this hand from everywhere. One of the biggest trap hands in the game..

b
Old 06-16-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Maybe sthief09 realizes he shouldn\'t have been so worried now.. [nt]

Old 06-16-2005, 05:14 AM

Baby/medium suited connectors are WAY overrated.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps worse than that is 32s, which people think is a suited connector because the cards are close to each other. However, you can't make a straight from 0 to 4. 32 is really a 2-gapped connector. It makes fewer straights than 42 or 52.

According to PokerRoom, people lose an average of 0.16 BB/hand with 32s. That's dead last. A2o is close, losing 0.15 BB/hand.

22 is another commonly overrated hand. It loses 0.09 BB/hand. I love hearing fish say, "Pockets! I always get outdrawn," as though there were a special prize for showing down a hand that starting out as a heads up favorite over the hand that hit the flop and value bet the whole way. People hear that AK is a good hand, but that 22 is a favorite heads up against AKo. They erroneously conclude 22 is a good hand.

JT is another hand people overrate. It's a fine hand in blackjack, but it's not a good hand in poker. I can't believe some people think/thought JTs was the best hand in poker. According to PokerRoom, JTs wins on average, but only 1/15 as much as AA.

Low offsuit connectors are another type of hand people overrate. There are times when offsuit connectors are marginally profitable, such as overlimping on the button or completing the small blind. People play offsuit connectors far too frequently, and lose a lot with them: 54o loses 0.13 BB/hand, 65o loses 0.12 BB/hand, 76o loses 0.11 BB/hand, 87o loses 0.13 BB/hand, 98o loses 0.10 BB/hand, and T9o loses 0.08 BB/hand. Many players would be better off if they hadn't heard of a connector.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps worse than that is 32s, which people think is a suited connector because the cards are close to each other. However, you can't make a straight from 0 to 4. 32 is really a 2-gapped connector. It makes fewer straights than 42 or 52.

According to PokerRoom, people lose an average of 0.16 BB/hand with 32s. That's dead last. A2o is close, losing 0.15 BB/hand.

22 is another commonly overrated hand. It loses 0.09 BB/hand. I love hearing fish say, "Pockets! I always get outdrawn," as though there were a special prize for showing down a hand that starting out as a heads up favorite over the hand that hit the flop and value bet the whole way. People hear that AK is a good hand, but that 22 is a favorite heads up against AKo. They erroneously conclude 22 is a good hand.

JT is another hand people overrate. It's a fine hand in blackjack, but it's not a good hand in poker. I can't believe some people think/thought JTs was the best hand in poker. According to PokerRoom, JTs wins on average, but only 1/15 as much as AA.

Low offsuit connectors are another type of hand people overrate. There are times when offsuit connectors are marginally profitable, such as overlimping on the button or completing the small blind. People play offsuit connectors far too frequently, and lose a lot with them: 54o loses 0.13 BB/hand, 65o loses 0.12 BB/hand, 76o loses 0.11 BB/hand, 87o loses 0.13 BB/hand, 98o loses 0.10 BB/hand, and T9o loses 0.08 BB/hand. Many players would be better off if they hadn't heard of a connector.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post!!