Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: What to do with 11-14xBB??

Fold until you get to the red zone.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
please tell me why you can play STT like a bot but not MTTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

stts are dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

finally, a post that makes sense. thank you.

<font color="white"> YSSCKY</font>
Old 11-02-2005, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

So fold QQ-AA?? Thanks. My eyes are wide open.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question is too broad. You are not going to get a serious answer. Try posting about how to play a specific hand.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, at these limit's it's like 90% cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

How wrong you are, at the lower (1-10) I get more value out of how the other players play than I get out of my cards. For example, against certain players, I can raise with 23o and they will only call with AK-AQ, AA-JJ, so I can take their money all day long. Against other players, they will play back and reraise all in with as low as 22, those players you have to be more careful with.

To apply one set of rules to every player in a tournament is not getting max value out of your play.

I mean, if you can't learn to think for yourself in NL tournament poker, you are never going to be sucessful at it. You might get lucky, but you won't consistently do well.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question is too broad. You are not going to get a serious answer. Try posting about how to play a specific hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok

300/600

I have 7200 and get 55 in UTG+1. BB has about 15k and SB has 9k. The majority of the table has 6000+, and will fold to all-in raises unless they pick up 99+/AQo+. But if I raise to 3x, they will call with alot of hands and will not release flush draw/straight draw or top pair on the flop.

I've been playing pretty solid.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seriously, at these limit's it's like 90% cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

How wrong you are, at the lower (1-10) I get more value out of how the other players play than I get out of my cards. For example, against certain players, I can raise with 23o and they will only call with AK-AQ, AA-JJ, so I can take their money all day long. Against other players, they will play back and reraise all in with as low as 22, those players you have to be more careful with.

To apply one set of rules to every player in a tournament is not getting max value out of your play.

I mean, if you can't learn to think for yourself in NL tournament poker, you are never going to be sucessful at it. You might get lucky, but you won't consistently do well.

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense but

LOLOLOLOL.

seriously, in the first two-three levels of the tournament, people are very loose with the all-in.

and the people that call 3xbb raises pf can seriously have ANY 2 cards. most of the time it's a suited connector or something with huge reverse implied odds (like KTo) or a small pocket pair.

Please, don't be condescending. It's not a very good look for you and others.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok

300/600

I have 7200 and get 55 in UTG+1. BB has about 15k and SB has 9k. The majority of the table has 6000+, and will fold to all-in raises unless they pick up 99+/AQo+. But if I raise to 3x, they will call with alot of hands and will not release flush draw/straight draw or top pair on the flop.

I've been playing pretty solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is the other extreme. Been discussed many times before. Easy push.

Try starting a new thread with specific questions.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:59 AM

For general advice... I think you have a good stack for re-raise all-ins. If your in late position and the raise comes from middle/late and looks any what so ever as a steal just reraise all in w/ any of those your prob getting good EV on that. Early position raise you prob wanna fold all those hands except for your very best hands (prob fold AQ if the player is solid) so play JJ+,AK (maybe TT, but maybe not). Raise the pot smaller like 2.5x bb so you don't pot commit yourself w/ a CB. This is general info that i think your looking for, just take into consideration the players your up against. Don't go reraising all in an early position raiser w/ 55 cuz u think u need to make a move. Be patient pick your spots and go with the reraise tactic if you think the opener has a good chance of being weak.