Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2005, 02:32 PM

Default AA in big blind

Live $500 max buy-in NLHE, $2/$5 blinds. I have about $750 in front of me. Game has been aggresive with 75% hands prefolp raised. I have AA in big blind. EP riases to $20, MP calls, MP+1 calls, button calls. I raise to $100 and EP calls, MP folds, MP+1 calls and button calls.

Flop is
8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The only hand I am really worried about are 88 and 99. Maybe suited 89??

I lead out for $250, EP folds, MP+1 calls after deliberating for about 20 seconds and button folds.

Turn
4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check and MP+1 moves all in and has me covered. He knows that I am weak tight as I have'nt played many hands. I belive him to be a solid player has he has the most chips in front of him and have seen him play his big hands fairly fast. I think about and think about it. He knows I have AA and not KK. I am fairly certain that he has me beat so I fold.

Today I am so pissed I should just punch myself in the face. I had half my money in the pot and did not call because I was chicken.

Should I have just checked the flop?
Should I have bet the turn?