Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Basic situation

if im new at a table or have been getting respect i will bet both.

if i have been consistently fos and my opponents are playing back routinely i will not bet the first.

the cool thing about always betting here is that when you do actually flop something you get action, usually with a turn checkraise.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Basic situation

I hardly ever play 3 handed, but if I do, it's because I know my opponents well and I know they're bad. Without reads, I'm clueless here.

As a general assumption, button open-limpers are usually Loose Passive. That means the best way to play this hand in situation 1 is to just check and anticipate a free card fairly often. If the limper happens to be TAG, then he's either A) limping with a monster, in which case you wouldn't want to get involved or B) limping with the intentions of seeing a turn, in which case you wouldn't want to get involved.

In situation 2, both types of players (LPPs and TAGs alike) will fold to a bet a good percentage of the time. The TAG will fold about 90% and the LPP about 60%. If the TAG calls, just give up instantly. If the LPP calls, you can fire a 2nd barrel and expect some good results. Unfortunately, if you don't know your opposition, you don't know which one you're dealing with, which is exactly why 3 handed is sooo difficult without reads.