Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 12:46 AM

Default table chat

man the table chat that goes on at the cardrooms drives me to near suicide...i hear the dumbest crap come out of players and the railbirds...im positive everyone has just stepped away from the tv and ran straight to the cardroom to spew there new slang...if i hear one more crap player tell me what my percentages are ill either kill him or myself or both.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: table chat

But im a 4.5 to 1 favorite
Old 08-26-2005, 01:16 AM

Eegs....Bravo on the comment
Old 08-26-2005, 02:54 AM

just put on your headphones and faze out these retards
Old 08-26-2005, 03:04 AM

Umm, if you don't like hearing table talk...don't go?

You sure do seem to tilt easy. I would hope that maybe you could at least find solace in taking people's chips?

Now, if you're losing to these people, I can see how that might get a little old...
Old 08-26-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just put on your headphones and faze out these retards

[/ QUOTE ]

And sunglasses... and hoodie.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:26 PM

If you don't want to to listen to morons spout out inaccurate odds and stupid poker terms, keep them occupied with other crap.

I typically don't care about it, i'm too busy playing cards/watching the games/looking for the waitress to really pay attention to what everyones saying.

But when some WPT kid comes in and starts tilting away random stats and info i'll do what I can to keep the mood light (and the fish happy) by talking to the table about nearly anything

"Any yankees fans here?"

"God, i'm hammered"

"Is anyone else getting dealt pocket 2's every hand?"

Really anything to distract the people from the kid bitching about how he lost "yet another coinflip" or whatever.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:22 PM

yesterday at the 10/20 at the taj, I was sitting next to a guy from massachussetes who was down for a couple weeks....He was very friendly and pleasant at the table. He did love to talk about the percentages and give a review on every hand. This didn't bother me because he was just trying to make friendly chat......So he beats an old fartbag out of a big pot and then we start discussing outs andd percentages and the old guy jumped out of his seat and yelled. "what do you wanna write a [censored] article about it." Bottom line was, the old guy looked like an [censored] and everyone at the table agreed, he looked like a sore loser. I am usually quiet at the tables, but if someone wants to yap and talk percentages and outs, so be it....Im not gonna let it ruin my day
Old 08-26-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if someone wants to yap and talk percentages and outs, so be it....Im not gonna let it ruin my day

[/ QUOTE ]

By letting it go, it may ruin your day but lower your profits and that's all I'm gonna say. I like the suggestion about starting a lighter topic ASAP. Yelling at your opponents? Poor form.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:26 PM

When ever someone says something like "I was a 60% to win the hand'. I will just correct him and say something like ' Actually you were only a 57.8 % to win unless the next next card was a 5 or less than you were a 58.4% to win.