Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2003, 08:56 PM

Default Your Mom gets bi$%# slapped

Here is a hand that is an example of a player I can get absolutley no read on. Tell me how you deal with a guy like this.

Folded to CO-1 who calles, CO calls, I raise with AJs on the button, blinds fold, both limpers call.

Flop comes Ace, Nine, rag, no flush, no straight draws. Check, check, I bet, they both call.

Turn comes another card, still no flush or straight draws. Repeat the flop action.

River comes another card. check, check, I bet. CO-1 calls, CO folds. CO shows AKo and drags it.

Did I go wrong here, if so where did I go wrong? Thanks.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Your Mom gets bi$%# slapped

You played it fine, even though it always sucks to lose a pot you're sure you're are winning you can always take some comfort in all the bets you saved by your opponents awful play.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:42 PM

Perfect. AK-man charged you the minimum.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:25 AM

Ok, I take a little comfort in knowing he could've won more from me. Any adjustments I should make against this guy other than don't value bet?
Old 06-13-2003, 12:38 AM

Not much other than value bet less really. Though I would still bet there.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:23 AM

if he does raise before the flop, you should probably fold unless you can beat big pairs.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:08 PM

Good point BB. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:27 PM

A hand like played like this ended me in a tournment, i held JJ in 2 before the button, made it 5 times the blinds. Flop came with a board of flush draw rags, i bet the pot, 2 callers. 2 rags follow, i'm all in, CO shows QQ, button shows KK. Let me bet into them.
Old 06-14-2003, 09:43 PM

Default I think you just have to take it.

Check this one out. I have A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] and raise after a couple of people limp.

The flop is all spades and contains an ace, no straight draws. EP limper bets. I think it's a lot more likely that this guy has a weak ace than spades, so I raise. (Anyone think this is really dumb? Keep in mind that I just saw this guy see the flop for three bets, call on the flop, call a turn RAISE, and make the wheel on the river with 23o. Also keep in mind that I'll fold instantly if he reraises me.)

Everyone folds. The bettor calls. He didn't re-raise, so I must be in front. Right?

The turn is not a spade. He checks, I bet, and he calls. The river is a red ace. He checks. I bet. He calls.

He shows me the T [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] !

A couple of nights ago I raised on the river against a nice old lady. (I had top two pair, no flush possible.) She calls. She shows me the wheel. She said she didn't raise because I seemed really confident. She said she put me on the 46 for the higher straight. This is in spite of the fact that she has seen me show down top pair many times and small straights exactly zero times. Go figure.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:04 PM

Nothing you can do about these types. Just be happy a more aggressive player didn't have the AK or you might have lost more on the hand. Those check-call-check-call type players are irritating, but they don't really cost you that much.

al