Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Banned From Truepoker

To clarify, we have been at True Poker (loyally) for 3 years, have been in (estimated guess) around 50 MTT's together as it was approved by the True Poker Host.

I knew that David was affiliated with TP...Shocking to find out that he is the CEO..I will definitly send him a nice message.

BTW...Me and the wife were in the same tourney yesterday which she went on to win without ever being on the same table as I(i busted out early ).
Old 07-17-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the support person who told you it was OK was in error.

[/ QUOTE ]

When i first started truepoker was one of the first sites for me. My brother (who lived in the same house with me) also played there at the time. We were new so we only played the $1 3 table tournies. These eventually got phased out to 1 every few hours and we both wanted to play them because its all we could afford.

We asked support if we could both enter and were worried what they would do if we were at the same table. We got the exact same story and they said that in a MTT not to worry about it, but in ring games dont sit together (at the time they did not have single table tournies)

So I will vouch for this person that they definitely used to say two related people from the same household could play together in an MTT.

I think this is support error and they need to do more than just pay back the entry fees if they were in fact leading the tourny.

rJ
Old 07-17-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW...Me and the wife were in the same tourney yesterday which she went on to win without ever being on the same table as I(i busted out early ).

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet she had a good night rubbing it in your face too.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet she had a good night rubbing it in your face too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be the first to admit that she it better than me and its mostly due to the fact that she taught me!
Old 07-17-2005, 05:50 AM

It seems you still didnt learn your lesson!
Old 07-17-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To be perfectly honest, it wasnt or isnt our intention to collude and are very honset people that love poker and work hard to try and improve our game...

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no doubt you believe you would never collude. Perhaps you wouldn't. But my (admittedly limited) experience in real life leads me to believe otherwise.

The wife of one of the players in a regular game I was in years ago loved to play poker. We were shorthanded one time and he asked if she could play. I was skeptical, but he assured me they went at each other even harder than they did other players. For the most part it was okay, and, true to his word, when it was just the two of them in a hand it was almost brutal. But there were a few occasions where it seemed very much like one was pumping the pot for the other. I'm sure it was nothing they planned. More like the opportunity arose and one thought they could help out the other and saw nothing wrong with that.

She played with us one other time and there were again a few instances where there seemed to be passive collusion. One would take some action that seemed considerably more in the interest of their spouse than themselves. A couple other people at the game noticed it and the wife was not invited to play again.

A different friend's wife also filled in once when we were shorthanded. This friend is one of the most honest people I know. I would not hesitate to trust him with my life's savings. Even so, the collusion between them, particularly on her part, was quite obvious. At one point she even made a comment like, "Well, it's all OUR money anyway." She wins, he wins, it was all the same to her.

The point here is that married people often think of themselves as one person, or at least as a team. I'm talking about everyday life here. It becomes the normal mindset that you help each other out. When it comes time to play poker, it's virtually impossible to put aside that mindset from everyday life. I'm sure most honest couples wouldn't dream of colluding at poker, but I'm not sure they are capable of even realizing when they're doing it.

I think it would be in everyone's best interest if the poker sites prevented related persons from playing in the same tournament, regardless of the number of players involved.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems you still didnt learn your lesson!

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever that means!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 06:10 AM

Very well said, but if that were the case we would have no problem not being aloud to play in the same tourney...However, seeing that they accepted our registration under the basis that we were aloud to participate in MTT tourneys together and then being removed from the tables as we sat in 1st and 2nd(I want it to be clear that we had 1st and 2nd prior to me being moved to her table) seems greatly unjust in this late stage of the tourney.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I knew that David was affiliated with TP...Shocking to find out that he is the CEO..I will definitly send him a nice message.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't his name on here "TruePokerCEO"? I know at least one of them is, and I think it's the one he posts under most.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:48 AM

I think once this is cleared up it is better to just use one account for each MTT. There is nothing preventing you from making decisions togherer in front of the computer.