Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: My WA/WB line! (result included)

[ QUOTE ]
yeh true, But i assume he has AK/AA/KK/QQ, dropped it to AK/AA/KK

[/ QUOTE ]

I had noticed over the past couple of months that you were one of my sLAGgy Friends. Now, you've clearly gone over to the Dark Side...the Darkest of the Dark Side, no less. Just because an LP Villan, who's been raising around 15% of what you've watched preflop, 3-bets you, you're putting him on AA/KK/QQ/AK? And then you reduce that to only the hands that beat you because he raises an ace-high flop? Wow.

Hey, wait a minute. This is one of those hidden-camera things, isn't it?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't think you'd ever get raised on this flop by AJ/AT?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh but 3bet preflop i'm not sure about.

[ QUOTE ]
also when you bet and he has QQ/TT, he is going to call the flop and fold the turn. when you check call the flop, he may put another bet in with those hands (you'd at least give him a chance).

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not check calling the flop, im betting the flop calling a raise. Ill bet the turn if he calls the flop bet.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:07 PM

lol,

im 17/7

I dont assume i'm beat the way you played it, As i say i bet the flop... I call a turn raise (This is where my hand reads go to the strong hands).

3betting preflop is quite aggresive, im not assuming AT/AJ here primarily... But they are an option.

If villan(You in this case but lets keep it to villan) raises first in sure... But when he 3bet? AJ/AT hmmm
Old 10-14-2005, 05:26 PM

Remember that our Hero posted a blind and then raised.

I don't like betting out on the flop.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also when you bet and he has QQ/TT, he is going to call the flop and fold the turn. when you check call the flop, he may put another bet in with those hands (you'd at least give him a chance).

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not check calling the flop, im betting the flop calling a raise. Ill bet the turn if he calls the flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, and when he only calls the flop with QQ or TT, he is simply going to fold unimproved when you bet into him again on the turn. you allow him to not make a mistake with one of those hands by betting the flop. when he 3-bet you with 99/88/77, he simply folds the flop - you get nothing when he has two outs. there's also the chance that he decides to slowplay the flop with AA/KK/JJ. i don't see much (any) good that can come out of betting the flop.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, and when he only calls the flop with QQ or TT, he is simply going to fold unimproved when you bet into him again on the turn. you allow him to not make a mistake with one of those hands by betting the flop. when he 3-bet you with 99/88/77, he simply folds the flop - you get nothing when he has two outs. there's also the chance that he decides to slowplay the flop with AA/KK/JJ. i don't see much (any) good that can come out of betting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point indeed. This is the stuff that isn't obvious, and you can't get from reading a book. Inducing bluffs. You're almost playing the other hand more than yours.