Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 06:51 PM

Default A question of theft...

You're playing 1/2 online at PickASite. This is the BB's first hand. It's folded to you. How low will you go on a pure steal? Ace-high/any two suited/any pocket pair is obvious, but what about Q5o? T3o? J6o?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: A question of theft...

I'd usually fold all 3 of those. I think first hand the BB is more likely to play back so I'd rather wait an orbit or 2. This will also enable me to gauge what sort of a player I'm up against.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:54 PM

We button or SB or ... ?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:57 PM

Stealing blinds almost never works at the 6max tables I play. I only raise in late position for value, or against a tight weak player who might actually fold. But then, the chance of the player to my left being tight weak is pretty low.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stealing blinds almost never works at the 6max tables I play. I only raise in late position for value, or against a tight weak player who might actually fold. But then, the chance of the player to my left being tight weak is pretty low.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lose money at 6max.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You lose money at 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You lose money at 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. blind theft is pretty damn important in every sixmax game. can't give any specific numbers here, but i'd wager that 1/5+ of my profit is from blind steal situations. it's more than the expected 1/6 or whatever.

for the original question, assuming that you're in the sb i'm raising any face card, some suited connectors, all pairs, all aces, some connectors, and some couple gapper connectors. in other words, lots. everything but the rags.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:32 PM

I generally tighten up when raising from the SB in the low-limit 6-max games I play. The BB often has something like 60 VP$IP and 50% WtSD, so you think they're gonna give up their BB here? No way. You'll be raising with K4o, see a raggedy flop, and throw away bets to the river out of position to see him turn over a-high or middle-pair.

Lately I've been open-completing the SB with my weaker playable hands against major calling stations in the BB (and raising the rest). Against weak tighties I raise far more hands and never open-complete.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:39 PM

Full ring:

If I posted in the CO and it's folded to me, I'm raising any 2 cards. I think it was Entity that put the math together, and it is a +EV move.

Damn search function, I can never work the thing.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You lose money at 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. blind theft is pretty damn important in every sixmax game. can't give any specific numbers here, but i'd wager that 1/5+ of my profit is from blind steal situations. it's more than the expected 1/6 or whatever.

for the original question, assuming that you're in the sb i'm raising any face card, some suited connectors, all pairs, all aces, some connectors, and some couple gapper connectors. in other words, lots. everything but the rags.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this man doesn't even play poker.

Stealing blinds alone should work occasionally if you have good game selection. Steal attempt + continuation bet should net you $ well more than enough to be profitable.