Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 03:33 PM

Default football summer transfers

yeah we get it soccer sucks blah blah blah.

Moving on.

My team, Sevilla, just signed Saviola and Kanoute giving up Baptista in the process. I don't know much about Kanoute because I haven't followed the premiership for some time. What do you Spurs fans think of him?

The market in Spain is pretty standard. Real Madrid have signed the aforementioned Baptista a forward and as usual have done nothing to help out their weak defense. Looks like Owen is headed back to England as well. Be curious to see which team lands him and how much they're made to pay.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: football summer transfers

Putting "football" in the subject line of this post is somewhat misleading, don't you think?
Old 08-17-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Putting "football" in the subject line of this post is somewhat misleading, don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

He wanted people to actually open the thread, probably.
Seriously, if it said soccer, would you even bother?
Old 08-17-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He wanted people to actually open the thread, probably.
Seriously, if it said soccer, would you even bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

My point, exactly...
Old 08-17-2005, 06:38 PM

I heard Owen might be picked up by Lyon.

Baptista and Robinho are a HUGE waste of money. Im not sure why Raul, Ronaldo, and Owen were not enough...but hey, wtf do I know. Im going to miss Figo. I saw Real this past July at the Home Depot Center. It was certainly the highlight of my summer. Cant wait for the season to start!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:23 PM

And the Eissen saga is finally over. Welcome to CFC kid. Curious to see where this guy fits in the line-up. Glad to have Crespo back from his loan spell in Italy too.

Don't rule out Owen to Lyon. Houllier is the manager, they have Champions League football and now 20M+ pounds from the Eissen deal. If he does return to England, I would bet Newcastle, they have been shopping for a striker all summer.

Arsenal's loss of Viera will have the biggest impact in the EPL I think.

KJS
Old 08-17-2005, 08:24 PM

Referencing a game played with a foot and a ball is misleading? Seems logical to me.

KJS
Old 08-18-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Referencing a game played with a foot and a ball is misleading? Seems logical to me.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as that concerns me, it's misleading. That could very well be referring to my golf game.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard Owen might be picked up by Lyon.

Baptista and Robinho are a HUGE waste of money. Im not sure why Raul, Ronaldo, and Owen were not enough...but hey, wtf do I know. Im going to miss Figo. I saw Real this past July at the Home Depot Center. It was certainly the highlight of my summer. Cant wait for the season to start!

[/ QUOTE ]

madrid possibly selling owen is a major mistake for them. What else could you want from the guy last year, they bring him off the bench almost all the time and he still was second on the team in goals behind ronaldo.

It would be interesting if he goes to Lyon. They just signed John Carew this summer and I think that they finally want to make a splash in europe and a gunner like owen would be great for them.

Newcastle is very interesting as getting owen could very well save souey's job. There has been a lot of takeover talk at Newcastle and it is certainly no garuntee that the new group that might be buying newcastle would want souey as the gaffer. They also haven't replaced all of the spots they lost in the close season, though they did add some real quality with getting emre and scott parker, but I don't think that its enough to challenge for a champions league spot in the prem this year.

on another note, ManU looked real good against everton and it really looks like Ruud is back to his old form before his injury plagued season last year. Now if we can get Ballack like has been rumored then I really like how ManU will shape up this season(I know, we are fighting for second)
Old 08-18-2005, 09:11 AM

Kanoute is a waste of space...mind you I would have said the same about Forlan and look how he did in spain!