Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 06:46 PM

Default AA hand - Intended for newbies

BB is pretty new to the table, and from what you have seen, he's loose passive. MP2 is a little LAGgy. MP3 is an unknown.

What is your line for the rest of this hand? Why is your line a good one?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero...
Old 09-21-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: AA hand - Intended for newbies

maybe call/call/raise?

any discussion should include the merits of overcalls, etc. im positive that im not 3-betting the frop.

edit- call, re-evaluate on turn whether to call or raise. number of players on ea. street is huge in this hand.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:56 PM

I think this is a WA/WB situation and that you want many players to come along. So I call the flop intending to overcall the turn and raise the river.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:04 PM

Well a 4 is a crappy card to have so if i give anyone credit im giving it to BB(who just C/R'ed us).

However with the best FH currenty(Someone hitting set on turn/river will changes this).

I'm now calling (keep the field).

NEXT CARD PLEASE?

Thoughts for the betting ahead...(Dependant on action/card)
Turn on anycard (Preferably high - Chances of holding PP and not 3betting/raising preflop are low).

If BB bets im calling keeping the field, if its raised im going to keep calling.

River im raising.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:04 PM

My goal with the rest of this hand is to win as many bets as possible, and not worrying about protecting my hand as we're ahead close to 100% of the time and not very vulnerable.

Given that goal I just call the flop looking for overcallers, not wanting to face the field with 2 cold.

If BB bets the turn I smooth call and again go for overcalls. The number of turn callers will affect the river play.

If 2 or more overcallrers are still around on the river, the smooth call again gets more bets than raising and only getting BB to call does.

If it's only 1 more overcaller I raise the BB on the river and hope he goes to war.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:07 PM

If BB has a 4, oh well I am losing a few bets on this hand. And he probably is almost as likely to have a 4 as a PP, if his VPIP is really high.

I call the flop, and if BB leads I just call the turn, and the exact same on the river. Hopefully everyone else sticks around and has the chance to improve to a FH. I think that's how we get the most bets in, and get the best overlay in case he does have a 4. Raising at anypoint just serves to get it HU with the one person that we might be behind.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:08 PM

You're way ahead (or, very slight chance, way behind). Build as big a pot as you can, keeping as many players in as possible.

Ideally, you want them all to pair up before the river.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:11 PM

Am i the only one who thinks that we should raise this all the way down. I dont give credit to any1 for hitting this flop so i am just pumping this pot for value as i have the second nuts right now and the only way im beaten besides a 4 is another pocket pair over 4 hitting thier 3rd to make a higher boat. Just raise for value and make notes on the end. The pot is big enough, win it already.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:13 PM

Look at our position to the raiser. A raise on the flop faces the field with 2 bets cold, and they are likely to fold hands that have like 0% chance of catching up to us. We want to keep them in and get them to pay off on the turn and river.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:24 PM

call the flop
if bb bets turn, call, otherwise bet.
same for river if alot of people are still in (or else raise)