Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-22-2005, 05:44 PM

Default BattleField Poker--Almost a Winner

I downloaded the BattleField poker software and opened an account. I liked the look and feel of the place. But it's difficult to play there.

I can never tell when it's my turn. There is no blinking light so if you're multi-tabling it's really difficult without staring at the screen to see whose action it is. They have one of these little sliding timer devices that indicates how much time you have left when it's your turn, but if you're not staring intently at the screen you won't even notice it.

The tables are too big, but after three e-mails I fugured out how to get rid of the big chat box on the right.

They don't show the bet size in normal view. In mini-view they do, but I didn't like that interface. In normal view you have to count the chips or look in the little box in the lower right hand corner to see how much someone bet. Why not just put the bet size in writing right next to the chips so that it's clear.

You can't tell how much they are raking. Again you have to get our your magnifying glass and count the chips in the chip tray to see how much is being raked. Why hide how much rake you're taking out of the pot?

The cards are big, which is good but the fonts are small, which is bad. The fonts are small for everything else as well including the pot size. Just making the fonts bold in character would help a lot.

This site is so close to being a winner, but when it's too difficult to multi-table (or single table for that matter) then I always end up going back to Party where it's just so easy to see what's going on.

I like this site. I wish they would make a few changes. I'd hang out there more often if they did.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: BattleField Poker--Almost a Winner

what network are they on? how are the games?
Old 12-23-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what network are they on? how are the games?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a Prima skin dedicated to that unmentionable word.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:37 AM

Yea, I always wonder why people rag on party software and interface. It is probably the best interface on the net.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:59 AM

I really have no problem multi-tabling at Prima. It will get conufsing sometimes, but I just have it to where it will play the alerts only. That way I will know when it is my turn. That is my Prima advice of the day.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:12 AM

WTF???

Stars and UB are much better

IMHO

Dink
Old 12-23-2005, 06:02 AM

How do you get rid of that chat box anyways?
Old 12-23-2005, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really have no problem multi-tabling at Prima. It will get conufsing sometimes, but I just have it to where it will play the alerts only. That way I will know when it is my turn. That is my Prima advice of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

... and raise the sound volume in "sound options" as well!
Old 12-23-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get rid of that chat box anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no default setting as far as I can tell, but once you are in a game or observing a game--click on menu. Don't click on menu in the lobby but rather in the game itself. When you do you will have the option to change the table size to large normal and mini.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

... and raise the sound volume in "sound options" as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

I never play with the sound on. I can't stand the sound of beeps and warings and whatnot. I always play with the sound off and the software should work just as well for those who like this option as not.

It's a simple fix, but many sites have this problem, and simple as it may be it keeps me from going back.

I tried four-tabling again last night, and I was getting timed out and picked up repeatedly. By contrast I can play six to ten games using Party's beta and MTH without much problem.

I also prefer knowing how many seconds I have left to act. The slider is inefficient, and inexact.

That little blinking yellow arrow and seconds to act countdown timer they use on Party seems to make all the difference. At least to me. At Stars they have this big blue blob that blinks, but your cards cover it up most of the time--and it's the wrong color. Yellow is the universal sign of warning, lol. It works well.