Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Bellagio Turn Action

Bellagio, NLHE 10-20, 20-to-go. Full game. The game is pretty deep, with two seriously bad players. There's lots of preflop limping, with little preflop raising, but big post-flop action. Here are the players:

Me (utg): $3k
utg+2: $5.5k
utg+3: $5k
SB: $3k

In UTG position, I got Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I limped, and five people called.

Flop: [T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

Checked to me, and I bet $100. Three people called (see stack sizes above). UTG+2 and UTG+3 are both solid players. SB is horrible and will call any size bet with any draw or top pair with an uncoordinated board.

Turn: [T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checked. What should my action have been here?

I checked. UTG+2 bet $500. UTG+3 folded. SB called. What should my action have been here?
Old 03-22-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Turn Action

i would probably bet once more
but if i didnt, for sure
i would checkraise the turn allin
if they have a set, so be it, they win
Old 03-22-2005, 05:05 PM

fold QTc preflop in a full game, even though you think you can get in for cheap, it's a hit or miss hand imo oop.

you say that UTG+2 is a solid player, he would raise the flop with a set or QQ. move in on the turn. i think you should've led out again as they could've popped off a free card for a flush draw. as it is, you got UTG+2 to bet the pot, so i think moving in is the best option to make those pesky flush draws pay. AQ is probably not calling a reraise anyway, so the main priority imo is to protect against a flush.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:07 PM

Shocker there, I agree with diablo, great time for a turn check-raise all in.

More intersted in whether it's wiser to lead this turn or check-raise. At first I was thinking lead for sure, now I'm not so sure...anybody feel like talking about it?
Old 03-22-2005, 05:50 PM

hi Jen,

there's no way I would've checked the turn if I were you given the fact that SB is horrible (and already checked) and the two people left to act are good players.....it's too likely that they check behind.....again, given the action thus far, it's unlikely to me that either of the two solid guys has very much, which puts you way ahead here most times and I don't think you can count on one of them to bet (nor do I really see the purpose of hoping for a turn checkraise).....given that one did bet/pot size/etc., you are obviously checkraising the turn.....
Old 03-22-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would probably bet once more
but if i didnt, for sure
i would checkraise the turn allin
if they have a set, so be it, suckout to win

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed it, diablo.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:38 PM

I support a lead as well. Any non-tricksy player on a draw in a 4-handed pot would probably check behind, and I don't want to risk giving up the free card.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:09 PM

3 opponents, 2 diamonds on board, I bet.

EDIT: SB sucks, he will call your bet with a weaker hand right? so why would you check?
Old 03-22-2005, 07:12 PM

I think you should bet the turn. The board is dangerous, and is certainly too dangerous to give a free card.

After you check and someone bets, I think you have to call. If utg+2 has a set, a raise could be trouble. Your hand is too strong to fold.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:16 PM

Did anyone else notice there was a 2 on the flop, but no 2 on the turn?