Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 08-29-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Sklansky (cross post)

I recently tried to sign on with my account (JohnHessAA) and was told that my account was banned. What a joke! Why ?? Because I disagreed with some people ??? I am a winning player with an alternative point of view so I am not welcome here ?? Is 2+2 that insecure that my style will prevail that they don't even wish to hear from me.

Those that helped me out, Thank you.

Moderater (boy living in daddy's shadow): Some day your words may be censored and you will think back to this moment....
Old 08-29-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Sklansky (cross post)

lol, your such a tool.

-Dimitri
Old 08-29-2004, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently tried to sign on with my account (JohnHessAA) and was told that my account was banned. What a joke! Why ?? Because I disagreed with some people ??? I am a winning player with an alternative point of view so I am not welcome here ?? Is 2+2 that insecure that my style will prevail that they don't even wish to hear from me.

Those that helped me out, Thank you.

Moderater (boy living in daddy's shadow): Some day your words may be censored and you will think back to this moment....

[/ QUOTE ]

Whilst that may be true, regaring the Moderator, why don't you open your own forum and you can censure anyone you wish and while you're at it, get a life.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:43 PM

So what are you going to do when this name gets banned? JohnHessAQ? How about JohnHessKK? What happens if you get down to JohnHess72o?

Bob
Old 08-29-2004, 02:50 PM

Default MAT, please end him again (nm)

nm
Old 08-29-2004, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is because of comments like this that you are not wanted? You are not being censored, you are being kicked out. You have no "right" to post here, this is a private forum. The moderators have the "right" to ban anyone they see unfit.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently tried to sign on with my account (JohnHessAA) and was told that my account was banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think of it as being banned. Think of it as being a rude and obnoxious guest who is never invited back.

Don't let the door hit you in the @ss on your way out. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2004, 04:11 PM

I won't comment on the reason you were banned or why you were not, etc etc, as I don't have the information and, frankly, I don't care.

However, something everyone should be aware of is that while this board is open to anyone to join, it is a privately-owned board utilized as an offshoot of a publishing venture.

In short: anyone, for any reason, at any time, can be kicked at the discretion of those who pay for this board and/or are put in charge of it.

While you may not like it, as someone said above, you are free to set up your own board and do whatever you want on it.

We all are under the same rules -- i.e. that those that run the board can ban anyone they want at any time -- and it is the price you pay, as Staind says, to play the game that is 2+2.

This is no different, by the way, from hundreds and thousands of other "public" forums across the 'net. I should know, I run a number of them, and ban people constantly for all sorts of reasons, none of which I feel like explaining when I do, as people are likewise free to not participate in them.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 08-29-2004, 11:29 PM

I also don't know thing-one about your previous situation.

But I do know that:
1. They can ban whoever they want because these are their forums.

But, I think more importantly,

2. they don't ban people JUST for disagreeing with them.

I have disagreed with S&M quite a bit in the past few weeks. Particularly in the whole 'Lee Jones didn't go to MIT' contraversy or whatever that was.

I was definitely one of the flies in the 2+2 ointment and wasn't afrain to tell David and Mason that I thought some of their comments were inappropriate or that they were handling the situation unprofessionally, etc etc.

But I don't think I ever got too far out of line and I guess S&M didn't think so either since I wasn't banned JUST for disagreeing with them.

I suspect there is significantly more to your situation then merely JUST being banned for disagreeing with S&M. Your behaviour and tone likely had more to do with it I am guessing.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect there is significantly more to your situation then merely JUST being banned for disagreeing with S&M. Your behaviour and tone likely had more to do with it I am guessing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right of course, bob. He was banned because he was trolling in the Books section.