Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: 5/10 deepstacked fullhouse river play.

[ QUOTE ]
They also each have 400 BB's.

[/ QUOTE ]whoops...but with 100 bb stacks, you guys all advocating calling 12 bb's preflop wtih JJ oop? I assume you guys all advocate calling with 22 then also?
Old 12-30-2005, 10:39 PM

I would have called with 22 to get the 5 of a kind ultra nuts.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They also each have 400 BB's.

[/ QUOTE ]whoops...but with 100 bb stacks, you guys all advocating calling 12 bb's preflop wtih JJ oop?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you recommend as an alternative?

Remember, this is 6-max.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the replies. I called his river pot sized bet. My reasoning was that if he had a hand like KK or QQ, he wasn't going to call a raise. From the betting sequence, I thought a lone ace for my opponent is unlikely, and it is more likely he had AA (say more than 50%) or a pure bluff, and I would lose more money in those cases. It turns out he had AJ, and I felt I had lost a lot of value.

[/ QUOTE ]

From his preflop actions, why wouldn't a lone ace be a possibility? AK, AQ, AJ could've all played it this way. I'm not saying its the right play, but I've seen it done often in 5/10 NL, especially 6 handed. I initially figured him for Ace face, or a monster like AA. Call me an ignorant optomist, but I tend to naturally assume the former before the latter. Perhaps that is a leak.

I would've definitely snuck in at least one raise, probably on the turn. If he comes over the top, thats a tough decision. Realistically though, I'd probably ride or die with this hand. Perhaps another leak. Definitely a chance you might be crushed by AA, but the majority of the time though, I think your hand is the best. I just don't see myself folding when only one hand in his range beats me, even if it is a legitimate concern. Full ring game, I'd probably muck either preflop or to a push. Probably. But as I'm sure you can tell, I'm leaky as a faulty diaper.