Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: A more retarded hand of PLO8 you wont see in a long time.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two points, 1: position is irrelevant in games where everyone shoves. A577 utg is just the same as A577 on the button. 2: If you want to be a profitable player you have to play very loose preflop for 1 bet and recognise every flop where you have a good draw and fold the rest. Why would I ever want to fold A577 preflop for 1 bet when I can put $200 more in post flop 4 handed against people with 4% equity on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

rimjob ribbo , how do you know youre going to be able to see the flop for 1 bet if youre calling utg?? Thats the whole thing about position if youre on the button yes you can play it for 1 bet, utg you dont know how much its gonna cost you until the blinds act.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying in your dumb stupid way is that when I limp in, everyone on the table should know I have A2. Sorry homeslice, wont happen. If you want to raise my utg limp then go ahead, because I might checkraise you with my AA2x. A winning player plays a lot of hands preflop, the only difference is he doesn't stick around on bad flops. I play any hand that has the potential for big flops, suited aces in a loose game are gold.