Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: PP1KNL. FLOP TOP SET. UGLY RIVER SPOT OOP.

you also flopped top set, there arent many bigger hands out, i wouldnt be surprised if he lost to AA or QQ but checking i dont think its at all an easy fold to a push on the river.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:03 PM

Maybe you can explain what you think you did wrong in your post flop play.

Looks like you tried to maximize profit by playing and betting in such a manner that the villian wouldn't escape without investing more money into that Big Pocket Pair.

If you are so sure you are beat by the time the river falls, count that as a blessing that you are able to make a great laydown. Just muck the cards out of turn and mumble something about missing a draw.

If you are sure you were beat on the turn when the Q came and you checkraised and got called, then just congradulate yourself for saving your whole stack by not check-raising all in drawing virtually dead. Then check fold the hand.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:31 PM

I think I would bet $400 and call an all-in raise.

Without any reads I think Villain's range of hands is too wide to think about folding here. If he spiked a two outer on you, well, that sucks.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess the flop min raise + the big check raise call on the turn make me think he has a really big hand. checking the river after the ace falls shows weakness so i think there is a good chance he will take another shot at winning the pot with a bet of $500 or so. with the nuts he will go all in and that is an easy fold. if he is an all in bluffer than leading the river would work.

question: how would fsu and flawless play the flop and turn differently?

[/ QUOTE ]as far as the flop and turn play, i dont really want to discuss it. suffice to say i thought the guy played badly and was weaktight and i wanted to string him along and bust him. your analysis of the river is very good IMO... best yet.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:42 AM

Default results. (yuck)

so i bet $400 bc i figured he could probably call tghis, but not much more with some of the hands i was beating (KK, Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) villain raised to $900.... i ran my time bank down and getting almost 5:1, i paid it off... he showed AA, i was not surprised.