Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2003, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Oh Yea? Call this.........

I just meant it makes players uncomfortable sometimes to call bets cold like that. Generally you like to fold or raise.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:59 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: what the hell!?!

when you know your likely behind and have a draw, it's a matter of how many opponents are in compared to your likely odds of hitting your hand. opponents to you compared to youre odds of hitting. and remember to discount some of the outs you may not have. (they have to be in with something to withstand all the pressure being put on, or have something to be jamming with you) if you have more opponents than youre odds of hitting, then betting/raising is +EV. i dont see that being the case here, so id prefer seeing the river by calling. i wouldnt mind them only calling the 3 bet at this point. im figuring im, at best, even money for every bet going in on this betting round. meaning, youre losing value a little with every extra bet you put in here. not alot, but enough that i dont care to see more action on this betting round.

b
Old 07-27-2003, 05:03 AM

hi slav
i'll tell you slav, it's close. the problem here though is the dang Kxs that thinks trip Ks will win even if he misses his nut flush draw. you want a draw to the nuts, and you have it, but it's likely going to be a split pot. the split pot makes this a fold.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:21 AM

hi major
the way the betting appears, there is at least one or two other flush draws out there, considering the fact that things lit up when the second diamond hit. and what flush draw is there that could bet on that board with expectation to win if indeed the flush completed? not a ten high that's for sure. it just appears as though only specifically K high could bet here. but i'm not sure. i failed to take into consideration that the diamond flush draw may assume a baby type flush would be good because it would necessarily be a runner, runner out of the blue. i don't know. but you were right. i will work on this. basically the question is when the turn produces a flush draw, does that mean that a raise by the likely draw is being made with a non-high hand? could a baby flush be raising assuming that no other flush draw to his flush draw is out there since it was introduced on the turn? i guess so. very possible and in that case it would be wrong to fold.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:26 AM

at muckleshoot, it isnt often that these players will jam a draw on the turn. in fact, it's rare. it does happen, but i doubt it in this case...

they prefer to bet 'made' hands

on top of that, anyone else getting the flush on the river will call a bet on the river also. how many barf bags would you need if you folded this and a baby flush took this pot down?

b

b
Old 07-27-2003, 06:46 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

The clientel will jam the flop, but check call all the larger streets even with the stone cold nuts.

Bernie were you up there tonight? I missed you if you were.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:51 AM

With the betting that took place I was putting the Kd in someones hand already. That is why I questioned it being counted as an out. Guess those monsters got me. Thanks for helping me out.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:46 AM

You should also notice from the results that the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] was a clean out as well (as it usually will be).
Old 07-27-2003, 01:42 PM

yep...some might jame the flop. but once the bigger streets come around....

yep i was only up there a little bit. til about 8p. i'll be up there today, (sunday) for a bit. im trying to get my hours for the freeroll tourney...

b