Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2005, 10:21 PM

Default First time playing live NL; an AK hand

I come from a limit background, and other than playing some SH NL for low stakes in a home game with friends, I only know about NL based on watching TV / reading relevant sections from some poker books / reading tournament recaps / general poker theory.

The game I was playing had a 2/5 blind structure, with a $200 buy-in. In the hand I am involved in, the relevant opponents are:
Me - my stack is at about $750 when this hand starts
MP - a loose aggressive player who has me covered
SB - an unknown player with a stack of $200 (the buy-in, actually $195 since he was the BB the previous hand)
BB - a horrible player who has called big bets on the river with less than A high...has literally called off hundreds of dollars already; he has about $250 - $300 in his stack.

I am UTG in this hand, and I raise to $20 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

MP, SB, and BB all call. (I also think there was another caller who ended up folding on the flop, but I don't remember for certain.)

The flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB bets $30, BB calls, I raise to $150, MP calls, SB goes all-in ($25 more), BB calls, I call, MP calls. (Note: As I understand the rules, nobody can reraise over SB's raise because it wasn't the size of the pot.)

At this point BB has around $75 in his stack, I have about $550, and MP has me covered. Pot has about $800 in it.

Turn is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. BB checks, and I push all-in.

How did I do?