Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Needing a New Book To Read

[ QUOTE ]
How about 20 books?

The Aubrey/Maturin novels by Patrick O'Brian. Start with "Master and Commander" and go from there. Every one a gem.

[/ QUOTE ]

The greatest reading experience of my and gf's life. She read all twenty in about ten weeks!

~ Rick
Old 11-02-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Recent books I've read (both rec. on this forum) have included .... God Wants You to Roll (loved it).

[/ QUOTE ]

GF and I asked Bike Host Robert Turner if we could dig up his back yard given he rents Bhuddas' (sp?) old house.

~ Rick
Old 11-02-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Dark Tower series, by Stephen King. Say what you will about him being a hack, this series is remarkably different from anything he's ever done. It's really more of a fantasy/science fiction/western. It's a series of books and they all rank among my favorites. Start with The Gunslinger and read your way through them. You'll be happy you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If you read more Stephen King, you'll realize that a lot of stories make a little more sense, several are linked together in specific ways. A great book I just bought and read is Ilium by Dan Simmons. It's a little difficult to get through the first chapters but once you get into it's tough to put down. It not a book about the past....the Greek/Trojan battle is a major part of the book but it's happening again in the future...great read.