Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 06:44 PM

Default question about multi tabling

how do most of you guys play more than 4 tables?
two monitors? one monitor with all 8 crammed onto it, or two seperate computers?

looking to make the next step up which is to double the amount of tables i play. and im stuck between getting a laptop or a new graphics card + another lcd.

tho i am leaning towards a laptop since BW says you need a seperate computer to play on empire (as i have party on my desktop)

any input would be great, ya know, gimme some pros and cons with the situation(s)
Old 12-12-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: question about multi tabling

Laptop sucks because of the low resolution. Another LCD + graphics card is the way to go if you can afford it. If you can't, just try to maximise the resoution on your current setup.

And no, you dont need another computer for empire, you just have to install empire on a different IP. So go to a friend or an internet cafe or something and install empire there.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:43 PM

I'm thinking soon about adding another monitor and I want to eventually have this set up:

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/show...0&fpart=all

Just the monitors and graphics card are $2,500 though.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:30 PM

i think i'd go blind

tho i guess i could use my plasma tv as a 2nd monitor, however the graphics card is expensive...

and again with the whole going blind....

thats a NICE setup for poker playing though
Old 12-12-2005, 09:20 PM

laptops are not an issue with resolution as long as you upgrade to wuxga. This lets you fit four with no overlap.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:44 PM

I use Party's beta version. I 6-9 table with no overlap on a 16x12 display, but the tables are offcourse smaller than normal.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:44 PM

check this out

sometimes it [censored] up, but they should probably be fixing the bugs soon, also i got a Dell 2001FP a little while ago and its the [censored]
Old 12-12-2005, 11:58 PM

blah, upon looking at raptors setup a few more times. im tempted to pamper myself again this christmas...

might seem a little excessive though, but excessive is good. its in my character to be over the top.

as for the advice on empire, thats good to hear, i'll hop onto a different server and signup and start jumping thru the hoops on that site too. thanks for the tip
Old 12-13-2005, 12:15 AM

Why do you need Empire? Unless they changed it back (I dunno, I only 3-table), Party started allowing you to play up to 10 tables at a time when they split from the skins.

Nope, just checked...still 10 tables on Party.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:27 AM

the bonuses are nice [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

still in the process of building my roll, its only 2700 atm (with my initial investment of 1200)

so i figure with 1-2 months of whoring around sites and clearing the bonuses i should have enough to start playing at better limits. (currently 10k hands at 3/6, 9k hands at 2/4 and 6k hands at 1/2, i play 1/2 mostly for clearing bonuses)

looking towards that step into 5/10 and hopefully a decent hourly wage. Currently winning about 1.4BB/100 at the above limits combined.