Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 05:22 AM

Default T7s: I want to fold, or do I?

Canterbury 15/30 9 handed
Great game. The 3 guys to my immediate right have an ave VPIP of at least 50, and they are very passive preflop. I have been losing (down about 30BB), but that is what I do. Villain in this hand is mostly passive, but I have seen him go 3 or 4 bets on a T high flop with KT. He plays very weird. I can't really describe it, but this hand is an example: I raise AKo in EP, 2 monkies call, villain calls in BB.

Flop: KQxr
Check, I bet, 1 monkey calls, villain calls.

Turn: J
check, I bet, monkey folds, villain calls.

River: K
villain now bets, i think and raise, he calls and shows ATo. Made the nuts on the turn but check/called. Very odd. Anyway, on with the hand.

3 retards on my right limpo and I limp with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the Hijack (is this bad?), CO folds, Button (could have 98o or lots of junk here. he is a fishy) limps. Blinds come along.

Flop (7 players) (7SB): T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
checks to villain who bets, 1 retard folds, I just call cuz i am cute, button calls, blinds fold.

Turn (3 players) (5BB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
villain bets, I now gas it, button calls 2 cold, villain now 3 bets, I think HUH? and do what?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Re: T7s: I want to fold, or do I?

preflop: i think the limp is fine...

flop: im not crazy about your smooth call on the flop, while there is only one draw on this board anyone with it will call two bets anyways, it also seems that you can go multiple bets with villain since he might overplay something like a big or medium T...i don't mind shutting everyone out since this pot isn't huge, but its not tiny either...

turn: i would just call the 3bet and call the river UI...button likely has a Tx(possibly spades) or 98 (unless he is so terrible that he could have some crap like 66 or 78)...villains play is odd but could be any number of hands including sets or overpairs, i think just calling is fine since we can collect another bet from button (is there 4/5 bets allowed?) if 5 then i don't want to 4 bet and be looking at a 5 bet cuz that blows and you have to call with your outs)...

sidenote: is it possible that in the AK hand villain was being nice cuz it was heads up? and maybe hes keeping aggressive in the second hand because there are 3 of you in the hand?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:51 AM

Bob-

It's unclear what position villian is in. Is he one of the 3 retard limpers? If he is...

I would raise the flop for sure. Raising is just good and fun. Second people react more honestly when you immediately start raising, lets them rethink how much they want to see it all the way through. Third you have a good but not great hand in a medium size pot just raise dammit.

Given that you didn't I'm leaning towards calling the turn reraise. What can he have here though? 77 maybe but you have a 7, same iwth TT (and he didn't raise PF) does he bet 44 on the flop? I know he's weird but I can't imagine him having a better hand here that's not 22. It seems like he could have 74s or T4s here too and folding seems bad bad bad. Kind of interesting about button though.

I just call and see what comes on the river. What do we think of button? is he 100% on a draw here or could he have something like T8 or JT or 87? If you think he has a made hand then call the river going for the overcall, if not then raise.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:29 AM

i kept laughing at this thread because i think the word retard is so funny.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:48 PM

Default River action

Canterbury 15/30 9 handed
Great game. The 3 guys to my immediate right have an ave VPIP of at least 50, and they are very passive preflop. I have been losing (down about 30BB), but that is what I do. Villain in this hand is mostly passive, but I have seen him go 3 or 4 bets on a T high flop with KT. He plays very weird. I can't really describe it, but this hand is an example: I raise AKo in EP, 2 monkies call, villain calls in BB.

Flop: KQxr
Check, I bet, 1 monkey calls, villain calls.

Turn: J
check, I bet, monkey folds, villain calls.

River: K
villain now bets, i think and raise, he calls and shows ATo. Made the nuts on the turn but check/called. Very odd. Anyway, on with the hand.

3 retards on my right limpo and I limp with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the Hijack (is this bad?), CO folds, Button (could have 98o or lots of junk here. he is a fishy) limps. Blinds come along.

Flop (7 players) (7SB): T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
checks to villain who bets, 1 retard folds, I just call cuz i am cute, button calls, blinds fold.

Turn (3 players) (5BB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
villain bets, I now gas it, button calls 2 cold, villain now 3 bets, I think HUH? and do what?

I called the turn, button called.
river (14BB): Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

villain bets, I.......
Old 12-03-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: River action

i think after calling the turn you pretty much have to call the river, and i see no reason to raise, i button raises behind, i will be very pissed and probably end up calling 1 more bet closing the action like a fish