Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Commerce During the Week?

Hey,

Just wondering, for those that really frequent Commerce, or even the Bike, how are the games during the week? I'm specifically thinking about Tuesdays or Thursdays during the day, but any knowledge you have is appreciated, even if you just went one day.

Limits I'm thinking about are 3/6 and 4/8. Maybe some 6/12 if I'm feeling frisky and the game is good.

Do these games always stay fishy, or is it just full of rocks and "pros grinding it out" lol. Or is it just senior citizens playing tight-passive?

Insight into the $100NL would be appreciated as well.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Commerce During the Week?

Donks in all games but the question is if there are enough donks and are they donkish enough to overcome the drop.

Basically no matter where you are, table selection will be key. If your table sucks, change tables. If an aggressive donk is behind you, change seats.

Commerce is looser than Bike in general and has more games. Daytime during midweek is probably the least ideal time to play any Los Angeles games. Do not expect a donkfest. Expect the weak tight seniors you mention.

I would try to play later on in the day...maybe after 5 or 6 pm.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the info. Only reason I considered playing those days is because I cant play online during those hours. I may check it out once or twice.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:42 PM

Does anyone love when people ask about whether low limit B&M games are hard?

From what I know, you could show up at commerce at 3AM on Chistmas and still find a great $40-80 game.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone love when people ask about whether low limit B&M games are hard?

From what I know, you could show up at commerce at 3AM on Chistmas and still find a great $40-80 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good idea. I think I might try it.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:58 PM

I play at the Bike during the week a lot - mostly later (9 PM till about midnight or 1 AM).

Usually there's two or three 80%+ VPIP fish, one or two solid players, and one or two bluffer/LAG types. 5 and up to flops often, cold calls with any two suited, etc. etc. - your standard fare, really. Not too many table drunks or super maniacs.

The Bike also has a $40 buy-in NL which is absolutely hilarious. I'm certainly no money bags so this is the only NL game in which I can play crazy and super loose and not worry about losing my buy-in (which I generally don't - took $400 from it last time, which I was quite proud of for a $40 game).
Old 10-23-2005, 10:27 PM

its always the same, just a bit older crowd... I play the 3/6 often during midweek, and don't even worry about what time to go. if its low limit limit you are looking for, when you feel like going, just go, its all donks all the time, even on holidays. in my limited expereince with the 100NL game, there are more WPT wannabes on the weekends... the regular donks during the week rather lose their money slowly at limit.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bike also has a $40 buy-in NL which is absolutely hilarious. I'm certainly no money bags so this is the only NL game in which I can play crazy and super loose and not worry about losing my buy-in (which I generally don't - took $400 from it last time, which I was quite proud of for a $40 game).

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know they had this game. I'll definately check it out whenever I FINALLY make it down to the Bike. $40 is more in my price range anyway.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its always the same, just a bit older crowd... I play the 3/6 often during midweek, and don't even worry about what time to go. if its low limit limit you are looking for, when you feel like going, just go, its all donks all the time, even on holidays. in my limited expereince with the 100NL game, there are more WPT wannabes on the weekends... the regular donks during the week rather lose their money slowly at limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip. That was my main concern. I'm not concerned with whether I'll be able to beat the game or not. I'm just wondering if there are enough donks there for it to be worth it. If it was a rock garden I may as well stay home. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know they had this game. I'll definately check it out whenever I FINALLY make it down to the Bike. $40 is more in my price range anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think it's relatively new - and fantastic. It's not uncommon to see 5 or 6 to a flop here either - I've never seen that in a NL game. Smart value betting can pay off lovely. In fact, I think I'm going to go play for a while right now!