Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: AKs huge pot

i think if you go conservative, you at least have 4 discounted outs which still gives you odds to call. Thats a huge pot and while you don't want to be too optomistic, you also can't get MUBS.

I think the most completely conservative estimate of the EV of this call still puts it AT WORST as 0 EV, so that it wouldn't matter whether you fold or call here in the long run.

However, I do feel this is a positive EV call. Giving your draw 4 outs is discounting the hell out of it and you're still getting over 11:1.

But then again...I'm no expert...
Old 12-13-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: AKs huge pot

*grunch*

Preflop looks fine; I don't know what all that cold-calling is about but you're probably ahead of some of them. MP1 obviously likes his hand and then when UTG bets the flop and MP1 raises I would probably fold, because it would suck to cold-call and then have someone raise behind you--your position is not great. Also you're probably behind, and even though it's a big pot you don't have many cards to catch up. If someone has a 3 (seems likely) then your ace outs are no good for the rest of the hand. If you don't let it go on the flop I would definitely let it go on the turn because it seems like UTG petered out but MP1 still likes his hand okay.

BBB